Apologies for adding a stat to compound our current state of mind-fuckery. If you compare Clements first 25 league games to Beales, the latter comes out on top with 61 points to Clements 60 points. Considering Beale was up against a Celtic team that didn't drop many points under Ange, it somewhat dispels the idea that Clement has worked "miracles". Don't get me wrong, I like Clement but starting Silva, Lawrence and Goldson tonight baffles me. 

3 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

Apologies for adding a stat to compound our current state of mind-fuckery. If you compare Clements first 25 league games to Beales, the latter comes out on top with 61 points to Clements 60 points. Considering Beale was up against a Celtic team that didn't drop many points under Ange, it somewhat dispels the idea that Clement has worked "miracles". Don't get me wrong, I like Clement but starting Silva, Lawrence and Goldson tonight baffles me. 

And even if we win all our remaining league games this season we'll not reach the same total us we managed last season.

We were only ever in a title race as Celtic have regressed dramatically. That's what makes our capitulation even worse. 

Manager must have tore into them after Sunday’s debacle told some of them a few home truth told some they won’t be hear next season and the dressing room leaders mustered the troops into some kind of go slow , it’s becoming a shambles they had a chance tonight to stake a claim for the title and played like they just didn't care . 

22 minutes ago, CammyF said:

This romantic notion that things will magically change for the better if / when we get rid of "certain individuals" is pie in the sky or wishful thinking. Unless those certain individuals are the vast majority of our squad. 

Struggling to think of any reason to keep any of them.

Beale more or less did this last summer. Got shot off players. Problem is the replacements mostly weren’t as good as those he let go. 
we will no doubt spend another summer looking for Bosmans & poundshop bargain signings hoping they improve us but probably won’t 

Just now, RANGERRAB said:

Beale more or less did this last summer. Got shot off players. Problem is the replacements mostly weren’t as good as those he let go. 
we will no doubt spend another summer looking for Bosmans & poundshop bargain signings hoping they improve us but probably won’t 

That's the issue - people quote Beales transfer outlay, but in reality it was something like circa £6M net. 

He got rid of players we all.want rid off - Helander, Kent, Kamara, Morelos etc and they were not replaced by better players. 

We'll get rid of Tav, Barasic, Goldson and Lundstrum and their replacements may not be better.

Never ending cycle. 

We have to give Clement a chance, he's only had 1 window and apart from Silva, the players brought in have looked like they could offer something. 

However, they were all loans (with 1 obligation to buy and 1 option to buy). So £4.5M of whatever the board promised Clement is going on Diomande. 

2 minutes ago, compo said:

Manager must have tore into them after Sunday’s debacle told some of them a few home truth told some they won’t be hear next season and the dressing room leaders mustered the troops into some kind of go slow , it’s becoming a shambles they had a chance tonight to stake a claim for the title and played like they just didn't care . 

Much as though I hate to say it, the manager’s team selection these past few weeks haven’t helped. Constantly chopping & changing especially up front. 
I don’t think he did tear into them. I suspect he’s trying to protect them as their confidence is low & he knows some of them need to go.