9 minutes ago, DMAA said:

The overriding narrative tonight is that the “old guard” are at fault. It is simplistic nonsense to pin a collapse like this on Tav, Goldson and Lundstram. Fans love a simple answer to a complex problem and that's what they've gone for. 

The sudden turn in our form since Hearts has been utterly mind boggling and I have no idea what has caused it, but I do know that the simplistic narrative being peddled tonight is not the answer. 

Because its easier to believe that getting rid of the mainstays of the team will magically solve all our problems.

It's simplistic - we haven't won much with them so if we get rid of them, we'll starting winning trophies. 

As you say, utter nonsense. 

1 minute ago, CammyF said:

That's the issue - people quote Beales transfer outlay, but in reality it was something like circa £6M net. 

He got rid of players we all.want rid off - Helander, Kent, Kamara, Morelos etc and they were not replaced by better players. 

We'll get rid of Tav, Barasic, Goldson and Lundstrum and their replacements may not be better.

Never ending cycle. 

We have to give Clement a chance, he's only had 1 window and apart from Silva, the players brought in have looked like they could offer something. 

However, they were all loans (with 1 obligation to buy and 1 option to buy). So £4.5M of whatever the board promised Clement is going on Diomande. 

I’m not so sure we’ll get rid off Tav and Goldson just so easily. They’ve both got contracts earning £30k plus pw with 2 years to run which I’d doubt they’d get elsewhere. 
We need to ship out all our forwards if possible. Roofer’s contract is up & Sulva will go back to Wolves. That leaves Dessers & Danihlo. 

4 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

We have to start somewhere.  

In order of weakest position to strongest, regardless of whether they happen to have been here for longer than a year.

8 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Because its easier to believe that getting rid of the mainstays of the team will magically solve all our problems.

It's simplistic - we haven't won much with them so if we get rid of them, we'll starting winning trophies. 

As you say, utter nonsense. 

You can’t keep repeating the same thing expecting different results. Some players have more than had their chance, no matter how much I actually like them, at some point you have to admit to yourself that they have some sort of mentality problem that is stopping them from achieving.

2 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

I’m not so sure we’ll get rid off Tav and Goldson just so easily. They’ve both got contracts earning £30k plus pw with 2 years to run which I’d doubt they’d get elsewhere. 
We need to ship out all our forwards if possible. Roofer’s contract is up & Sulva will go back to Wolves. That leaves Dessers & Danihlo. 

It'll be unpopular but as toy say, unless someone comes in with big bids for them, they ain't going anywhere. 

The interest from Saudi for Tav is genuine but he isn't sure about uprooting his family. If I were him, I'd go, as no matter what he does at Rangers, he'll be constantly and continually slaughtered by a growing majority of the fanbase (when he is in reality, the least of our problems).

Thankfully there are a few players out of contract in the summer which will free up wages. Previously, I thought offering Lundstrum a new contract was a good idea, now I'm not so sure. His wages can be better utilised.

Top priorities for me in the summer are :

2 x left backs 

2 x Centre-halves

1 x CM

1 x CF

1 x RW 

1 x LW 

probably need to add a goalie and right back if Tav and Butland are sold to fund the rebuild. If we can somehow sell the likes of Raskin, Lawrence and Dowell then move them on. 

4 minutes ago, DMAA said:

In order of weakest position to strongest,

Might not be that easy but in an ideal world, yes.  Tav, Goldson and Lundstram have been a joke these past few weeks.  Very weak.  

4 minutes ago, PoohBear said:

You can’t keep repeating the same thing expecting different results. Some players have more than had their chance, no matter how much I actually like them, at some point you have to admit to yourself that they have some sort of mentality problem that is stopping them from achieving.

But surely that applies to every player, no matterthe length of time they have been here?