[FT] Ross County 3 - 2 Rangers (Baldwin o.g. 15; Tavernier 89pen)

14 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

It's games like these where you utilize the squad and probably try something different. It was going to be a fight, so Wright, Sterling, McCausland could have been a choice. Likewise, 4-2-3-1 again didn't really work, and we even subbed Silva again for naught, who was given no service whatsoever. He could easily have kept his place.

Do Germans watch football through magic mirrors?

Utilising the squad was part of the problem and Silva was garbage.  And Wright is rank rotten every single time he plays.

Edited by Gonzo79

We are too easy to play against.

We tend to start ponderously and sluggishly, and it takes most of the first half, or even longer, for the players to warm up. We can't deal with a fast, aggressive press, we can't defend it, we rarely seem able to play through it, and we panic, which reinforces our problems. With everybody at sixes and sevens, the ball becomes an enemy, passing becomes desperate, hitting and hoping, and, of course there is no leadership on the field. 

All of this is exacerbated by lunchtime kick offs, for which, astoundingly, we seem completely unprepared. 

Any manager who gives his players a can (or two) of Red Bull before kick off can guarantee to give us problems. 

The point is: if a tactical illiterate like me can see this, why can't our esteemed Manager and Coaches?

2 minutes ago, PoohBear said:

Nothing much has changed really, we had a good honeymoon period under Clement but nothing has changed in as much as we need a squad rebuild this summer. Unfortunately the Jan signings have largely not worked either through injury, lack of desire or lack of skill. 

Correct - Gio and Beale also delivered a decent honeymoon period then we reverted to type. We appear to be doing the same under Clement. 

9 minutes ago, CammyF said:

As well us being unable to defeat Celtic, we have dropped 11 points to teams who have finished in the bottom 6. 

Let's be brutally honest, we were only in the title race as Celtic have regressed. 

We have the same failings under Clement as we did under Gio and a Beale. 

I'm not writing Clement off but we can't deny that recently, his team selections and tactics have been baffling and have cost us dearly. 

We need a huge change in mindset right through the club. The honeymoon periods are over. 

Clement is in the same position as his 2 predecessors.
Hes inherited a squad full of players he never signed who aren’t up to the job and can’t get rid off them.
Do we let him sign players in the summer like GvB and Beale did then when they’re not good enough sack Clement around September/ October and bring in someone else to see what they can do?

And if he doesn’t work start all over again in a year’s time 

3 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Correct - Gio and Beale also delivered a decent honeymoon period then we reverted to type. We appear to be doing the same under Clement. 

Surely any decent manager must see our failings & try to do something about it.

I genuinely despair when we get a corner & see Tavernier going over to take it. If on the right it out swings too far away from the goal or doesnt clear the first or second defender 

we need a manager who’s going to change things which need changed

3 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

Hes inherited a squad full of players he never signed who aren’t up to the job and can’t get rid off them.
Do we let him sign players in the summer like GvB and Beale did then when they’re not good enough sack Clement around September/ October and bring in someone else to see what they can do?

But they didn't clear the squad out. If Clement can't see that persisting with these players will cost him his job then he doesn't deserve to be here, just like the previous two. 

Like the old saying goes, "Fool me once, shame on...shame on you. Fool me—you can't get fooled again."

Edited by PoohBear

Just now, PoohBear said:

But they didn't clear the squad out. If Clement can't see that persisting with these players will cost him his job then he doesn't deserve to be here, just like the previous two. 

Like the old saying goes, "Fool me once, shame on...shame on you. Fool me—you can't get fooled again."

But he can’t clear the squad out if he’s got players on contracts.

We’re still paying certain players wages they’d never get elsewhere.

thats got to stop

2 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

I said it last week but some of our mainstays are not winners.  We need to look at getting rid of Goldson, Tav and Lundstram - they're all past it. 

How do we get rid off Tav and Goldson?

they’re both still contracted for another couple of years 

1 minute ago, RANGERRAB said:

It's a cycle that needs broken and SG did break the cycle (took him 3 seasons) but what he did was improve us in Europe (generated much need income) and found a way, very quickly to beat Celtic on a regular basis.

When we won 55, the board patted themselves on the back and failed to back the manager. That should have been a springboard, it's now just a distant memory.

We have very limited disposable income (even Beales spree last pre-season was circa £6M net spend) and not getting to CL limits us further. Not having a good player trading model is also killing us.

It's not up to you, me or the wider Rangers support to come up with solutions, that's up to the board and the footballing people employed by the club.