Summer 2024: Rip it up and start again?

Seen us linked with Kiteishvili too.

Georgian CAM for Sturm Graz.

I'll include links to his and Cantwells fotmob pages:

https://www.fotmob.com/en-GB/players/652954/otar-kiteishvili

https://www.fotmob.com/en-GB/players/789593/todd-cantwell

Tbh, I think this rumour just tells me that Clement is fed up with Cantwells lack of positional discipline.

Kiteishvili is a lot better defensively as a CAM than Cantwell looking at the radars.

It would be a free signing, you'd think one of Cantwell or Lawrence would be sold if he does come in.

What you reckon? Datamb doesn't cover the bundesliga or prem, neither does fbref.

Apologies.

We do love a Georgian tho eh.

Screenshot_20240520_182934_Samsung Internet.jpg

Just now, yuddie said:

Seen us linked with Kiteishvili too.

Georgian CAM for Sturm Graz.

I'll include links to his and Cantwells fotmob pages:

https://www.fotmob.com/en-GB/players/652954/otar-kiteishvili

https://www.fotmob.com/en-GB/players/789593/todd-cantwell

Tbh, I think this rumour just tells me that Clement is fed up with Cantwells lack of positional discipline.

Kiteishvili is a lot better defensively as a CAM than Cantwell looking at the radars.

It would be a free signing, you'd think one of Cantwell or Lawrence would be sold if he does come in.

What you reckon? Datamb doesn't cover the bundesliga or prem, neither does fbref.

Apologies.

We do love a Georgian tho eh.

Screenshot_20240520_182934_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20240520_183048_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.509fd8b98d48c8839b562b63c4dc1603.jpg

1 hour ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

Would be too expensive imo

Depends on their financial situation, Serie B is a big drop and they don't get anything like the parachute payments the EPL give. Maybe £4- £5m might secure his services?

He's still only 22 but I think it depends on Ridvan. If we get Jefte in, which it appears is realtively likely, I would be surprised if we go in to next season with Ridvan, Jefte, Doig and Fraser as LB options. 

3 hours ago, lenny3k said:

Seems the Josh Doig rumours are doing the rounds again after Sassuolo were relegated

What part did he play in the relegation?

Cantwell has a problem with positional discipline? It is his job to be the creative driving force, and he's doing much of that in our team. Our deep-rooted problems lie in the fact that more often than not our centre-halfs are those playing the balls around and to the front, our DMs, who are supposed to do that, are typically all over the place and playing pointless one-twos with the defenders. And lo and behold, our attackers get slaughtered because they have not much productive support (in terms of assists, goals, pressing) from the back, but are supposed to run rings around packed defences. As long as we don't cut this six-man defensive men rubbish week in and week out, we won't go anywhere in Scotland in terms of trophies and titles. Thus, we're a blunt force, though this season mostly because of a ridiculous amount of injuries to our main attackers too.