Summer 2024: Rip it up and start again?

49 minutes ago, ranger_syntax said:

Important time to remind people that we will lose Jefte for a week in March during Carnaval do Rio de Janeiro.

If he's anything like Neymar he'll be pulling his hamstring when his sisters birthday comes around.

Amongst other things.

1 hour ago, CammyF said:

So it appears Ryan Jack has been fit for a few weeks but not been considered for selection. He is however for Scotland. Weird situation. 

He would just get injured again if he was selected. Let’s just keep him fresh for Scotland.

10 hours ago, CammyF said:

Philippe Clement is closing in on his first signings of the summer as Rangers look to conclude deals for defensive duo Jefte and Jose Cordoba.

The Rangers Review revealed earlier this month that Clement was keen on a switch for Levski Sofia star Cordoba after the Panamanian was given a tour of Ibrox and watched the Premiership victory over Kilmarnock. Reports in Bulgaria have credited Norwich City with an interest in Cordoba but it is understood that Rangers remain in the driving seat to secure his services.

Clement admitted last week that he was preparing for the ‘end of a cycle’ this summer as several established members of his squad – including Borna Barisic, John Lundstram and Kemar Roofe - get set to leave Ibrox. There are also doubts over another handful of first team stars after Clement’s side blew their Premiership title bid in the closing weeks of the campaign.

The arrival of Cordoba would strengthen Rangers in the centre-back position and Jefte will fill the void vacated by Barisic as he closes in on a switch to Trabzonspor. Rangers were close to completing a switch for Jefte during the January window but he remained on loan at Apoel for the remainder of the term. The Brazilian is now poised to finalise a move to Rangers this summer as he prepares to leave Fluminense and put pen-to-paper in Glasgow.

READ MORE: A mass Rangers clear-out is coming & there will be no place for sentiment - Four Lads

The moves for Cordoba and Jefte will kick-off a hectic summer of wheeling and dealing for Clement. Rangers remain in discussions with Brighton and Hove Albion over another deal for Abdallah Sima, while Clement is also eager to retain winger Oscar Cortes.

The Colombian saw his term cut short through injury but he is open to extending his stay at Ibrox to be part of Clement’s future plans. And Cortes has also detailed the dream switch that motivates him as he seeks to make a name for himself in the European game.

READ MORE: Clement knows Rangers' cycle has ended and overhaul is required

“I’m doing well now, after everything that has happened,” Cortes said. “There were obviously difficult times but I think that with the help of all the people I have around me they helped me a lot, and they have helped me to be calm in my head as well. I arrived and started to do things very well and well unfortunately the injury came and I had to stop for three months but I thank God I am already in the recovery process.

“Me and my agents are keeping tabs on the negotiations that are taking place. We will see what happens. I'm talking to my agents and also to Lens and Rangers. Let's see what happens. I am waiting.

“Since I started playing soccer, my dream has been to play for Real Madrid, it has always been my dream. My dream is to get to Real Madrid. With work and sacrifice I believe that it can be achieved at some point. They are my team.”

Mr Romano says that the Jefte deal is almost done and dusted. Looks good and strong in the videos, we can shift Ridvan a little further up the par, wouldn't be surprised if he ends up there anyway in the future.

53 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

We're being linked with coach Andries Ulderink, with Alex Rae's contract expiring at the end of the season. 

And who is this man is he any good

27 minutes ago, compo said:

And who is this man is he any good

An experienced Dutch assistant manager/coach. I don't know much about him. 

Anyone's better than Alex Rae! :D 

Have the club explicitly come out and spoke about why we recruit so heavily from Belgium?

For me we're 15 years too late in this regard.