Roy Carroll to Derby

Well what a waste of wages he was. 15000 a week i believe.

Stevie Banks to come in possibly.

he was good cover to have, it wasn't his fault he never got much of a chance more down to AM playing very well for most of the season so far.

if AM had got injured and we never had decent back up i'm sure WS etc would have got it tight but there you go.

I just think any of these figures are madness let alone the ones in the premiership. How can anyone justify that kind of wage? I dont care about market other leagues etc, but in general, looking at the normal bloke how does it justify it? Is a talent worth that much really?

I just think any of these figures are madness let alone the ones in the premiership. How can anyone justify that kind of wage? I dont care about market other leagues etc, but in general, looking at the normal bloke how does it justify it? Is a talent worth that much really?

very average players in the premiership probably earn over �£1M a year easy.

aberdeens best players will proably treble their wages or more going to average championship sides. if carroll was on �£15k a month then he was probably signed to maybe be number one but AM has played that well he couldn't get a chance......he was a free transfer so no big fee which is why he got offered or we could afford more wages, he is not that old for a goalie and has a good cv IMO so well worth it as anything could've happen to AM and carroll is better than smith IMO.

Carroll is average at best. He likes to fuck up in big games! Anyone remember the one against Spurs at OT? Wee Pedro Mendes tried to lob him from the halfway line, Carroll tried to catch the ball which slid through his hands, bouned about half a metre over the line but the linesman was a homer and never flageed for a goal.

I for one would be happy for him to pack his bags and GTF. If he doesn't I'll take him sitting on the bench as cover until the summer.