My mate told me the other day that a couple of seasons a radio pundit was getting tore into him on a talk show. Carragher then phoned the radio station up and invited the talk show presenter to Liverpool for a square go. Mental!!

Happened this season, possibly Adrian Durham on talksport and is related to comments like:

He's a twat. Turned his back on his country

and

he is sulking with England simply because he wasnt top pick but Sol, Rio and Terry are easy first pick.

Carra lost the plot with calling the show, but if you listened to it his points seem pretty valid. Fucked about by the management bringing in players who've not played all season as cover when Terry/Rio out as an example. So he retires from international football with England looking more than well covered. Injuries occur and suddenly Carra should come back out of retirement. Were not some 50% fit CB's who hadn't played in more than a year to turn to first?

Davie Weir decided not to, Gough did, Robertson did. Are they a disgrace?

Not sure I used the word disgrace, but can't be bothered to check. But yes, I strongly disagree with any player thinking they know better than the national team manager. As I said, it is an honour to represent your country and by deciding that you're too good to sit on the bench and wait for the opportunity, however limited, to use your skills and abilites to aid your country, then yes, it is disgraceful.

Edit - I checked, I used the words twat and prick :D :moon:

Davie Weir decided not to, Gough did, Robertson did. Are they a disgrace?

Davie Weir decided not to what? Retire? Didn't he tell Vogts to go take a flying fuck to himself only to be come out of retirement when WS took over?

Personally, any player who turns their back on their country just because they don't get on with the manager or don't get a game should take a long hard look at themselves and that goes for Gough and Robertson too.

i hate all this "playing for/serving your country is such an honour that you should take anything". if scotland, in any form, arsed me about, then scotland can gtf.

he's under no obligation to play for his country.

i hate all this "playing for/serving your country is such an honour that you should take anything". if scotland, in any form, arsed me about, then scotland can gtf.

Brilliant Barry, in any occupation, if your pissed about you give less or leave!

Exactly, he's under no obligation. It's an honour bestowed upon thos who are felt have reached the level where they can represent their country. And people who are given that honour shouldn't pick and choose when they will accept it.