Warning SEPA Flood Alert

Right for the final time.

I reckon a few folk are being a bit argumentative when it comes to the Scotland/England thing. Each of you seem to have an undercurrent of trying to provoke each other slightly and it's spoiling what should be a bit of banter and intelligent debate about the issue.

Hope you guys don't mind me being candid here but just calling it from a neutral POV. If people can't or won't accept different opinions without provoking others stay out of these threads.

That shouldn't need to be the case but when it ends up with folk wanting to leave the place, then what's ignoring a few threads compared to losing the whole forum.

In the meantime, I suggest we have no more of these Scotland/England threads as they're causing nothing but bother.

I just want to clarify a couple of things.

1. Saying someone is ignorant about something is not abuse in my opinion. I openly admit to be ignorant about most things in the universe.

I was pointing out that most Scots know that Bertie played players who were nowhere near good enough for Scotland in a series of friendlies while giving them baffling tactics. It's not surprising we were given a few drubbings by better organised, lower tier teams on form. It would not happen under Smith.

I thought that only people ignorant of this would use that result to compare Scotland's ability to Wales. My implication was basically that Cammy should know better.

To say anything otherwise is talking shit to be honest...
Have I been any more abusive than these words from Cammy? Come on, fair's fair.

3. I admitted that my whole argument was conjecture and was tinted by the fact I'm Scottish, I thought Cammy needed reminding of that as he seemed to be sounding quite biased against Scotland and I thought unfairly so - which is something that will make a lot of Scotsmen disagree with him no matter how much sense he makes.

4. Calling someone a "highland lap dog" is straight out of Spiers country... in fact the reviled reporter uses a similar term to describe some of his peers who have a better relationship with DM. This seems the most abusive remark in this thread, but well done to Gribz for having a sense of humour about it. Perhaps Cammy could take a leaf...

5. I'll now refrain from answering Cammy's posts but I'd like him to stop attacking Scotland which I feel compelled to defend.

Right everyone has had their say. Everyone in entitled to their opinion but no-one is entitled to start making personal attacks.

If you want to dicuss this then do it by pm.

Thread closed.