[FT] Hearts 3 - 3 Rangers (McCausland 52; Cantwell 69; Silva 79)

1 minute ago, yuddie said:

It's a really strange setup from Clement.

We've seemingly got loads of players who want to narrow in and head towards the penalty spot - playing diomande on the right of midfield makes that worse.

0 width.

Or have I got this wrong?

What's strange about it? We've played like that all season? Some players tend to take up strange positions ... you'll find Tavernier near the penalty spot every other game, somewhere around the centre-circle etc.. 

All Hearts did was counter-attacking (like many teams do) and have the means to do so. We've been vulnerable to this for 5 years now, and with a makeshift line up, no wonder a Shankland chap grabs his chance.

I'd bring Ridvan on at half time, maybe bring Silva on as another striker.

A first half that epitomises our season.

We dominate possession for thirty minutes, create a couple of opportunities and are denied a penalty. Our 22 goal centre forward is ten yards out facing a scrambling keeper and he finds the goalie.

Todd Cantwell plays a lazy, loose ball and a first time pass played in behind finds Shankland bearing down on Butland, he dinks it for one nil. Cantwell has spent the last fifteen minutes at his most demonstrative. Wright and Raskin are in hiding and Dessers blushes were saved by a Linesman's flag.

5 minutes ago, Whosthedado said:

Their striker clinical = ours cant hit a barn door. Rinse and repeat

We go from Dessers being a hero to villain in the space of 7 days, if not less. He'll score the winner against the Scum in the cup final and no-one will remember his misses. As with Morelos' or McCoist's. We love to put things under the microscope and run rings about it. Like we haven't seen it all before throughout the decades. Luck in front of goals shifts and changes.

Posted (edited)

I'm not a keeper and maybe I'm being harsh but I think Butland sells himself for their goal.

There's a chance King recovers enough to force him wide and then Butland can guard his near post imo.

Cracking finish mind.

Edited by yuddie

2 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

He'll score the winner against the Scum in the cup final and no-one will remember his misses.

Absolute nonsense.  

• Frankie changed the title to Hearts 1 - 0 Rangers
  • Frankie changed the title to Hearts 1 - 1 Rangers (McCausland 52)