Do we have enough financial resources to survive?

This has been my concern for some time. Effectively there are only two teams in Scotland. So the choices are limited for any decent player to want to come and play here. Anyone who wants money in their short football career will go south. The difference can be 10k per week to 75k + per week. This for me does not compute what is required is for someone with real money to buy the club. And put it on the map players will come for money that is a given, 12 out of the last 13 to Celtic is abysmal if we do not find cash it will be the same next year and ongoing. Tell me I am wrong and provide me with solid reasons why cheers WATP.

• Rousseau changed the title to Do we have enough financial resourses to survive?

There are no sugar daddies.  The trick is to utilise our resources better.

Bringing Beale in as manager has cost us this season.

We've got a bigger wage bill than Atalanta who've just won the uel and have been ucl regulars recently.

In the grand scheme of European football, we compare well enough in revenue imo..the board have just severely mismanaged recruitment in recent years. We haven't got value for our signings for years.

Bennett has spoken about being more aggressive in the market and implementing the trading model - we're seeing the beginnings of that with the Cortés, Diomande and Jefte deals.

Get that 'pillar' right and we'll crack 100m+ in revenue - it'll take time though.

4 hours ago, Hume said:

This has been my concern for some time. Effectively there are only two teams in Scotland. So the choices are limited for any decent player to want to come and play here. Anyone who wants money in their short football career will go south. The difference can be 10k per week to 75k + per week. This for me does not compute what is required is for someone with real money to buy the club. And put it on the map players will come for money that is a given, 12 out of the last 13 to Celtic is abysmal if we do not find cash it will be the same next year and ongoing. Tell me I am wrong and provide me with solid reasons why cheers WATP.

No, we don't have enough financial resources to survive.

Administration is a real possibility.

Cheers WATP.

4 hours ago, Hume said:

First post the day after an old firm loss in a cup final...🤔. Call me paranoid but I smell something rat like...

14 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

First post the day after an old firm loss in a cup final...🤔. Call me paranoid but I smell something rat like...

Third post. First in two years. All three on the exact same subject. 

Strange, but nothing inherently wrong with it. 

1 hour ago, RANGERRAB said:

The issue is recruitment. They don’t spend that much more than us but their recruitment is a different level from ours 

Meh, they've had a lot of duds to go with their hits.