Listening to a debate about who should get the scotland job.

I still cant believe we havent approached George Graham. We should be going to the best possible person. Obviously Sir Awex wont take it so we should work our way down the list - George Graham ticks all the boxes and has won the top league in england. Imagine comparing him with Mark McGhee??

What are the condentials here?

McGhee is a good man and is doing well with MOtherwell, he handled himself with good dignity over the Phil O Donnell issue but thats not a reason to give him the job.

Why are we not looking at Venebles aswell? We should be going for the best man possible and not JUST a scotsman!!

If you were asked to pick someone for the Arsenal job should Wenger leave and given the option of Burley, McGhee or Venebles who would you pick?? No brainer - Venebles!!

We HAVE to build on the good job Smith did and qualify for the next world cup. I dont think Burley, Burns, McGhee or Souness will make any improvement where as Venebles or Graham would.

Its going to be one of that 4 but im hoping the SFA wake up before appointing one of them.

Newcastle United boss Kevin Keegan is ready to battle Manchester United for Rangers fullback Alan Hutton.

Keegan has been watching Hutton's progress while in Scotland and plans to outbid United boss Sir Alex Ferguson to land the Gers star, says the Sunday Mirror.

Just heard on SSN that George Burley has been given permission by Southampton to speak to Scotlan but Souness remains 5/4 favourite for the job.

For what its worth and I doubt that my opinion will matter as I don't go in for international football but I'd like to see Scotland appoint a 'figurehead' like Souness or George Graham along with a coach like Alex Miller or Joe Jorden.

That would allow the 'figurehead' to do the day in, day out SFA type 'stuff' and allow the coach to coach the players when we have an international game / get-together and allow them to continue with their club commitments.

Cammy F

For what its worth and I doubt that my opinion will matter as I don't go in for international football but I'd like to see Scotland appoint a 'figurehead' like Souness or George Graham along with a coach like Alex Miller or Joe Jorden.

G Graham and J Jordan would be my top realistic choice for manager and assistant.

They definatly have the credentials for it.

I think mark mcgee just let it slip live on sky - congratulated George Burely on getting the Scotland job only to be told by the SSN fellow that an announcement hadn't been made - ooooops :admin: :P

Cammy F

The whole saga has been a bit wrong. It makes McGhee, Burns and Souness look at bit shite now. No wonder Billy Davies pulled out with the interview thing.

TBH Im not really overjoyed with this appointment but he was probably my first choice out of the 4 candidates. He's struggled a wee bit this season, but he did well with Ipswich and Hearts so thats to be considered.

Hopefully he takes in a really good number 2 (Joe Jordan or Gary McAllister - but he'll not take it).