First Choice XI / Formation

Well with Hutton away (or is he?) and Cousin back it will be interesting to see how we line up in the coming weeks.

Whittaker will switch to RB as we have nobody else to play there. Lowing is under 34 so doesnt get a game. That means Papac is likely to come into LB until S Smith gets fit.

Upfront will be interesting to see if Smith decides to stick with Cousin. JCD is fit again so can these 2 form a partnership until the end of the season.

Will we go 4-4-2 or stick with 4-5-1/4-3-3?

Well straight off i'm gonna say if Smith goes sticks with/goes back to Cousin then that is a MAJOR kick in the teeth to Kris Boyd. He's come in since Cousin was fannying about down in London trying to wankle his big move to the mighty Fulham, done whats been asked of him and scored goals and for what?? To get dropped for a guy who would rather be pulling on a different jersey??

As for Whittaker going to RB, to be honest he's surprised me how good he's been at LB. Maybe now is the time to get Lowing a run in the team. Hell was just over a year ago that Huttons arse was out at Ibrox when Le Guen had Bardsley in the team ahead of him.

Personally i'd go for the 4-5-1 although more a 4-3-3 formation.

------------------McGregor---------------------

Lowing ---- Weir ------ Cuellar------Whittaker---

------------------Hemdani----------------------

----------Ferguson---------Buffel----------------

Burke--------------------------------Naismith---

--------------------Boyd------------------------

That team to me looks to have a nice combo of steel and flair and would have good few goals in it.

Malky

Good shout mate and i was thinking the same with keeping Whittaker at LB, but that will never happen.

I like the look of your team except is probably put McCulloch or Novo in for Burke in midfield.

Upfront from a playing perspective Cousin is the better player upfront but it is a kick in the nuts for Boyd.

___________________McGregor__________________

Lowing________Cuellar_______Weir________Whittaker

____________Hemdani________Ferguson____________

McCulloch____________Buffel____________Naismith__

____________________Cousin_____________________

Cant see Lowing making it at the top level. Far too lightweight and looked like he had too fragile a temperament in the odd appearance he has made so far.

I'll happily stand corrected on this one though.

------------------McGregor---------------------

Lowing ---- Weir ------ Cuellar------Whittaker---

------------------Hemdani----------------------

----------Ferguson---------Buffel----------------

Burke--------------------------------Naismith---

--------------------Boyd------------------------

Why do people think Boyd can play the lone striker role? He can't! :admin:

It's been proven time and time again.

Why do people think Boyd can play the lone striker role? He can't! :admin:

It's been proven time and time again.

True. The only striker who can do it effectively is JCD. Yet COusin is repeatedly allowed to put in worse performances than Boyd in that role. :confused:

Well straight off i'm gonna say if Smith goes sticks with/goes back to Cousin then that is a MAJOR kick in the teeth to Kris Boyd.

I think one thing that makes WS such a good manager and leader is that he'll play whatever team he feels is the strongest for a given game without worrying about who's ego he hurts.

Not only that he seems to be able to do it without overly upsetting anyone. Only small fry managers are worried about walking on eggshells or stepping on toes.

I think the team can do without any cutting off of noses to spite our face.

Just saw Aston Villa got 5 players in the England squad, so Squeil is doing something right.

But then i thought about there style of play, they are another club who goes 4-5-1 / 4-3-3. They have 2 fast wingers in Young and Agbonlahor with a big target man upfront - Carew.

It could be similar to us. We have/had Cousin upfront with us currently playing Burke, McCulloch or Naismith in the wide places.

This formation can actually be a success if used correctly. Once we get Beasley back on the left then that will help us if we are still playing this way. But Id like to see Novo given a run on the right and either Gow or Buffel playing in the centre behind our front man with Ferguson and Hemdani behind that.

Now that we have Davis and Dailly until the end of the season it gives us that bit more cover until Thomson returns as Faye was useless.

Once everyone is fit Im be interested to see Smiths first pick formation and XI.

Once everyone is fit :

McGregor

SW

Weir

CC

Smith

Run BMD / Burke

Hendami / Thomson

Fergie

Davis

Naismith / Lee Mc

JCD