Rangers 2 : 0 Hearts (CIS Cup) - Player Ratings and MoM Poll

I thought Whittaker did well and he played some good balls in to the box as well as playing himself out of danger quite well. He did make some basic mistakes though, usually as a result of being closed down or trying to take on one man too many, but those sort of things should sort themself out over time. Its good to see how keen he is to get forward though.

Weir is starting to worry me though.

McCulloch contributed nothing though and I hope WS sees that he doesn't bring anything to the team when asked to play up top.

Adam needs a kick up the backside or something. Very frustrating player to watch and you really wonder if its the same guy who we know is skillful and can strike a ball so well as for much of the game he seems to be replaced by someone with no talent whatsoever.

I think its shown that we still need someone who can play on the left side of midfield, even if its only to put pressure on Adam to up his game and sort his attitude out.

Last night we could have played anyone else up front with McCulloch and they'd have struggled to do worse.

I found it hard to pick a MOTM last night. I thought all our players did well on a bumpy pitch and being blasted by gusting wind. I thought McCulloch was largely annonymous [which was the only downside].

If I was forced to pick out one player it would be Ferguson.

Calscot you missed another strong penalty claim for us. When the defender had his arm up over his head to handle the ball when Darcheville flicked it up in the first half.

Overall though you're right. In terms of overall cock-ups by the ref's Hearts definitely got the rub of the green. Not that nevin and Collins made that apparent. Nevin still trying to claim a penalty for Nade even though it was clearly outside the box. :confused:

again the commentators were shocking last night against Rangers, they said hearts penantly claim was a def penatly, our 2 were not!! and our goal shouldn't have stood. Billy dodds sounds so biased and bitter when he commentates on us it's unreal, you would never think we actually gave him the chance to live his dream........

some pressure on whittaker now, but he done OK for me last and will get better the more he plays there IMO. I just hope the fans don't get on his back as usual if he has a few bad games......

I don't think he played very well last night, but I think he will come good for us. But there were fans giving him a hard time from kick off last night purely cos he wasn't Hutton. That's shit's not right!!!

Two way tie for me. Fergie and Hemdani getting the plaudits.

Burkey wasn't far behind. I think the team generally did okay, given the conditions.

Individually, McCulloch was very quiet and Adam......oh dear.