Our RSC's New Banner

what, straight after you managed to read someones malign intentions into the creation of a flag? you accused them of being an typical antiscottish ibrox moron long before they turned on your intentions, so lets stop the poor me syndrome please. you dislike the british emphasis in our club? you are one of many, not some minority group. either be bold enough to have your own views, or dont say anything at all - this persecution complex on a message board shit is ridiculous.

I made a general statement which yeah, was wrong .. i didn't accuse you of anything personally though!

It's just the political side that our club seems to portray that i don't like ... just because the idiots on the other side of Glasgow feel the need, doesn't mean we have to

^ i agree with this. i think our current identity is quite dispirate. we have been accused of more than is reasonable (the sash is not sectarian) which creates a sense of injustice, and with the defiance comes deeper entrenchment (people who have no interest in the sash tend to sing it out of defiance against the view that only bigots would sing it, say). we like to portray ourselves as open to all cultures and beliefs but i do tend to wonder how this will play out against the protestant-lite unionism that still seems dominant. interesting times ahead.

It's a sad day when you can't fly a flag in honour of those who help defend this country.

Nobody says we cant. I just wonder how many people fly flags at Rugby games or if anyone was to take one into a Snooker hall. Im sure those people are equally happy to be Scottish or British or from elsewhere.

Its partly a fashion just to take it to football grounds.

I see P&P's point that it doesnt have relevance to football but I aslo see the other argument for it. But its a free country so people are entitled to do what they believe (to an extent).

It's a sad day when you can't fly a flag in honour of those who help defend this country.

I would say this sentence alone condemns the flag. Considering our contentious history, the fact we have flags that have ulterior motives rather than anything to do with Rangers, means that it's not surprising they are interpreted as malignant.

Sorry, but your quote sounds like the sheep's clothing for whatever wolf that is being covered up.

PS Doesn't this sanctimonious type of thinking just pander to the real bigots and pseudo bigots at the club?

I still don't understand why we can't think more about tolerance and inclusiveness instead of banging out the same old polarised allegiances.

You really have to wonder why the spirit of our club is continually bastardised as a vehicle for surreptitious religious and political agendas, especially when most of the time the perpetrators are not really living their own propaganda.

I'm sure we'd be derided for supporting Green Peace or singing Hippy songs, so why not just stick to excellence in football and good sportsmanship, while promoting inclusiveness for all?

Rangers are a club with many proud Unionist links. See the recent toast of the Loving Cup for proof of that.

If some choose to incorporate their support of the Union or the monarchy in the way they follow the club then that's fine by me.

Just as it's fine for others not to.

^ thats inclusive. i hate this fascist idea of pluralism that means because there are lots of choices, theoretically equally as valid, that you shouldnt just make one. if this bear or that bear is unionist, then that can only be fine - anything less is censorship in the name of fairness or something. ridiculous.