Cousin free to play tonight.

IMHO, Elderslie wasn't guessing, he was stating a lack of evidence...

the burden of proof lies on whoever makes a claim. the two propositions "he will be affected" / "he wont be affected" both demand evidence. also the two ideas "we should think about ability" / "we should think about mental state" are both in need of justification.

the burden of proof lies on whoever makes a claim. the two propositions "he will be affected" / "he wont be affected" both demand evidence. also the two ideas "we should think about ability" / "we should think about mental state" are both in need of justification.

Only a fool would say that Cousin doesn't have ability.

He is a professional football player who has already crossed borders into other leagues so why should his mental state be called into question ? We saw no evidence of it on his move into Ibrox and I've seen nothing from any source apart from the garbage in The Sun which calls his mental state into question.

Ergo.............he's a very good footballer who should be able to do a job for us if picked tonight.

Only a fool would say that Cousin doesn't have ability.

aye, but you are not necesarily a fool for saying that ability is the not only thing we should be considering.

He is a professional football player who has already crossed borders into other leagues so why should his mental state be called into question ?

ok, here is an argument for why we should be calling his mental state into question. tell me if you think its fair. everyone is aware of what we might call "the friendly mentality", a portion of which's lack of edge is the fear of being pointlessly injured. i dont think it needs too much backing up to say that a) Cousin has a very serious interest in not getting injured, and b) that this mentality can have tangible effects on a player's performance, therefore c) Cousin's performance may be affected.

We saw no evidence of it on his move into Ibrox and I've seen nothing from any source apart from the garbage in The Sun which calls his mental state into question.

i didnt include the sun in my reasoning above, so you've now heard two version as to why his mental state might be called into question. :)

Ergo.............he's a very good footballer who should be able to do a job for us if picked tonight.

i dont disagree that he should be able to do a good job for us, but then boyd should be able to do a good job for us, as should novo, and naismith. but the alternatives have one advantage he doesnt, presumably, having no reason not to give their all in the game.

I ain't seen enough of Naismith to judge whether he's of European ability. He certainly has potential.

Boyd and Novo are not , never were and never will be good enough. My opinion of course.

As for Cousin holding back due to a pending transfer..........in his short time with us, he didn't strike me as the sort of player to go hurtling into tackles or to run like a headless chicken chasing up defenders and that was the main reason he was called 'lazy' by sections of the Rangers support. It's not in the make-up of most European forwards .

His ability is his weapon and I for one would use him if I were Rangers manager.