What lineup would you like to see us play?

So, in a fantasy land where you get to pick the first team, going on what you've seen from players this season, what would your first XI be? This isn't a knee-jerk reaction to last night, just interested to see how far away from Walter's selection we'd all be.

It doesn't matter if players are currently injured, let's assume they're all fit and ready and your selecting them is based on how you feel they've performed when they've played recently. Doesn't matter who the opposition was or how long they got on the pitch, pick someone if you think they've shown they have potential or might bring that something different to the team.

My first XI is below and I have to say, there's a few variations on that selection, with a few players who would probably be ahead of players who are actually in those positions in the real world.

My team would be playing a 4-4-2 and trying to play the ball on the deck.

_____________________McGregor___________________

Whittaker_____Broadfoot________Cuellar________Smith

____________________Thomson____________________

Burke________________Gow______________Da Beasley

_____________Boyd_________Naismith______________

Broadfoot has looked good at RB so could do a job at CB which is his preferred position. But then so could Webster who has impressed me whenever I've seen him play, albeit when he's played for us its only been a fleeting glimpse! I'd also have Papac at CB ahead of Weir in my new regime as I think Weir is just too slow now. We're defending much deeper than we should be to compensate and while we're still fairly solid, I think our defence is looking more shaky than it has done since Weir came and with the other players we have, I think its more shaky than it needs to be.

Which is the same for Gow. I think he's worth a punt given the flair & confidence he showed in the cup. You could of course swap his name for Buffel if you think he deserves another chance. And there's a very good argument for his inclusion given that he's often been played out of position when he has played for us. You could even argue that Fergie should be in there, but I still think he is far too inclined to drop deep and that his insistence on everything going through him has a negative effect on the rest of the team.

Burke and DaBeasley both bring pace and width to the wings. But you could just as easily put McCulloch on the left if you wanted to shore things up a bit more.

Boyd and Naismith would flourish in that formation as they would complement each other and unlike most of our strikers, they have actually played together at Killie. They also linked well at ICT when they were both played together up front for a while in the second half.

But the truth is I think you could play a number of combinations of front pairing from our list of strikers and they'd score goals. But that's assuming we don't play with three defensive midfielders, a system which really seems to limit the amount of good chances being created.

I think we've got a very strong squad just now with options all over the place, but I'm baffled as to why we're not actually using these other options we have. We should be able to experiment a bit in the SPL while still having more than enough to win games. Otherwise, why have we signed many of these players in the first place?

But then I'm not a manager, I'm just a fan with too much time on his hands who thinks he knows more than WS :)

Interesting.... but do you not think Naismith is wasted stuck out on the left?

Not really. I like to see him running at players and getting in the box. I think this is where he has been at his best for us. Haven't really seen anything from him when he's played through the middle

________________McGregor__________

Whittaker____Cuellar___Webster__Smith

______Hemdani______Thomson_____

____________Ferguson____________

Burke_______Cousin______Naismith

That would do for me, although if Cousin goes, replace him with Darcheville.

_____________McGregor_____________

Whittaker___Cuellar___Webster___Smith

Novo___Fergie____Thomson___Beasley

__________Boyd_____Naismith_______

It's a toss up between Novo and Burke for the RW spot.

I like the look of that team. I tend to forget about Beasley because he has been out for so long. I think we miss him badly especially in Europe

Mike, cant believe you cant find room for our captain and talisman. He might not be on top form at the moment but by christ we miss him when he's not there.

I dont mind the 4-5-1 formation away from home in Europe but I'm getting really fed up with it at home so it's a 4-4-2 for me.

_________________McGregor_____________

Whittaker_____Cuellar____Webster____Papac

Burke_____Thomson___Ferguson_____Beasley

_________Boyd__________Naismith_________

Now, I know what your going to say.... Dont be crazy thinking we might play with two strikers but at least Boydy and Naisy have played regularly together for Killie and should know each others games. Gotta be worth a shot?