Cuellar hopes to get Spain call-up

Can't see him getting a call up quite yet. The SPL isn't going to be on the radar much back home and he's now out of the CL. If we can progress to the latter stages of the UEFA cup then he may get noticed again, but it's not looking too likely right now.

I think he still needs to up his game a bit at Rangers to be considered for a Spanish call up. He's been good for us, but not yet exactly world class as would befit a team made up from the likes of Barca and Real M.

on the interview on setanta he was saying he is getting more publicity, is more in the general awareness, since he moved here, for some reason. he will get to shine in the champions league in a sense not possible in mid-level english or spanish sides - i htink we need to stop downplaying what it is that we can offer players.

I can see your poitn Barry but think of the defenders Spain can call upon.....

All the defenders in the latest Spanish squad played for the top clubs in La Liga - Athletico Madrid, barca, Rela Madrid, Villareal and Valencia.