Newcastle Want McGeady - �£12m

Different player, different position, different price range.

Perhaps. Still don't buy into that though. In general Strikers or flair/attacking midfielders cost more than defensive players admittedly. However Hutton's value was highly inflated for a RB and I just don't see how he is possibly valued so highly. Media have taken leave of their senses imo.

Perhaps. Still don't buy into that though. In general Strikers or flair/attacking midfielders cost more than defensive players admittedly. However Hutton's value was highly inflated for a RB and I just don't see how he is possibly valued so highly. Media have taken leave of their senses imo.

I agree re the inflated price S_A - however, this is Newcastle we are talking about and they pay inflated prices for pretty much every player they sign !

Is McGeady worth 12 mill ? Not in my eyes.

If Boumsong is worth 8M to Newcastle then surely McGeady is worth 12M?

We could eventually get 10M for a right back so 12M for a 21 year old playing an attacking role as well as McGeady seems reasonable. He scores a lot, has quite a lot of assists and puts defences under quite a bit of pressure.

Basically I see him in the same bracket as Hutton but in a more expensive position. When you adjust for the latter it's pretty much implying that he is less valuable than Hutton compared to the average value for his position.

I think we need to take our blue tinted specs off on this one.

Chris Burke has a long way to go to show he is worth much at all at the moment and he's a lot older than the Celtic winger.

He is worth around �£6 Mil. He plays in an inferior league, and he has done fcuk all outside of this league.

It is Sky that is funding this sheeite. Too much money to watch football, and now they are buying players at totally over the odds.

Well put it this way, Alan Hansen in his column in the Daily Telegraph reckons Spurs signing of Hutton for �£8-9 million quid was a bargain. Now if thats a bargain, then prices down south really have gone crazy!!

The funny thing is that Hansem could be proved right. If Hutton does as he did at Rangers, and there is no doubt he could go on to be an even better player - then 9 mill WILL prove to be a bargain when you see how much some players go for.

Him simply moving to the EPL will likely increase his value - but if he continues the way he has started then his fee could reach 13-15 mill if he moved on from Spurs.

The funny thing is that Hansem could be proved right. If Hutton does as he did at Rangers, and there is no doubt he could go on to be an even better player - then 9 mill WILL prove to be a bargain when you see how much some players go for.

Him simply moving to the EPL will likely increase his value - but if he continues the way he has started then his fee could reach 13-15 mill if he moved on from Spurs.

The best example of that is Robbie Keane. He is oustanding ever since he was at Wolves an the transfer fees have only ever increased

I dont even accept McGeady as being worth 6 million. He is a flash in the pan for me and would get eaten alive down south. He is a bit like Charlie Adam except his tricks are coming off just now.

He has to do it over a longer period and against better teams than Kilmarnock and Aberdeen.

12 million - Ive never heard so much junk even with inflated prices. Lets see how good he is when we play them next!!

I agree with Calscot. He's a good player albeit a wee scrotum of a creature and I have no doubts Celtic will receive more for him than we did for Hutton.

Attacking players always go for more than defending players.