more points dropped by the scum....

Are the points we won from Gretna definately being dropped?

If they fold then yes

Celtic will lose 6 points we will lose 9 points

Doesnt make a difference though, Celtic were due to play them when we play Hibs in the league

The Gretna points make no difference except that Celtic struggled to beat them in one game. It just means we lose 3 points but gain a game in hand. Celtic would be likely to beat Gretna, especially in their present state and so we'd effectively lose those extra points anyway.

In both scenarios, the outcome is the same: we need to beat Hibs to maintain our lead. So really, not much difference.

Other teams in the league will see a difference if they or teams around them dropped points to Gretna.

PS The result will be that no team will be promoted to the SPL without their stadium in place and proof that they can fulfill their fixtures.

In my opinion, the SPL should bale them out to enable them to finish the season. The integrity of the league is worth the few hundred thousand it may take - and it's only about 30 grand per club. It's money they have to write off which could end up being less than what we lose in sponsorship and tv money if our league becomes a farce.

PS The result will be that no team will be promoted to the SPL without their stadium in place and proof that they can fulfill their fixtures.

In my opinion, the SPL should bale them out to enable them to finish the season. The integrity of the league is worth the few hundred thousand it may take - and it's only about 30 grand per club. It's money they have to write off which could end up being less than what we lose in sponsorship and tv money if our league becomes a farce.

Agreed,the SPL should come up with the cash so that they can finnish the season,even if for the benefit of the Gretna players

I don't have much sympathy for the Gretna players as they are refusing to play without being paid. Now I know in most jobs, people wouldn't either - but if playing for a couple of weeks without a wage packet saves your employers from liquidation and maybe give you a job till the end of the season, then it's surely worth doing and it's only playing a few games of football ffs.

Typical mercenary attitude by footballers who continue to show why they rarely deserve the slightest bit of sympathy.

I don't have much sympathy for the Gretna players as they are refusing to play without being paid. Now I know in most jobs, people wouldn't either - but if playing for a couple of weeks without a wage packet saves your employers from liquidation and maybe give you a job till the end of the season, then it's surely worth doing and it's only playing a few games of football ffs.

Typical mercenary attitude by footballers who continue to show why they rarely deserve the slightest bit of sympathy.

I certainly wouldn't work for nothing,however I don't see how them playing for nothing would stop them going into liquidation

I certainly wouldn't work for nothing,however I don't see how them playing for nothing would stop them going into liquidation

You sound like someone who cuts off his nose to spite his face.

It seems obvious to me, they are having a cash flow crisis and if you don't play they will automatically go into liquidation as they can't, "trade". Then you're guaranteed to be out of a job and will be lucky to get the wages you are owed.

However, if players wait a while for their wages while continuing to play, then Gretna are able to start bringing in some cash and may be able to bridge the gap.

You may then be able to keep your job till the end of the season and possibly get paid in full. Not only that but your employer could survive.

THe SPL have already promised 100k if Gretna can prove they are capable of playing to the end of the season. How will they do that if players won't play?

People have to grow up and think of the bigger picture than just about their own immediate wants.

What the players need to do is settle for a fraction of their wage which gives them enough to live on and be owed the rest.

Work for them is also a lot different from us - train a bit and then play a match. Not exactly nose to the grindstone.

If it was my job I'd continue to work while looking for another job.