passed or present ?

thee most overrated player i can think of his Raul! :admin: rank rotten in my opinion and only at real madrid for as long as he has been because he knows the right people! cant believe they got rid of morientes ahead of him !

Raul has always been a very talented goal scorer for Real Madrid and anyone who thinks otherwise is ignoring his record.

He doesn't quite do it for Spain though I admit, but his 'Golden Boy and Untouchable' for Real does his ability for club a real disservice.

Didnt really see him have a bad game and everything Germany did went through him so not sure how he was over rated?

I don't agree everything Germany did went through him. It's curious that their best 2 attacking performances (Costa Rica and Portugal) didn't feature him.

Also curious that the BBC analysed his passing against Argentina and it was really poor.

Said I went by what I saw. Throw all the stats you want, it's an opinion. Many people also share that and Ive read some that disagree.

Over to you if you want the last word....

Didnt really see him have a bad game and everything Germany did went through him so not sure how he was over rated?

Thats what i thought Jon. Honestly i would say he was worth every penny chelsea has just payed for him

Said I went by what I saw. Throw all the stats you want, it's an opinion. Many people also share that and Ive read some that disagree.

Over to you if you want the last word....

Why do I detect some slight hostility here?

Understood. It was just your final sentence which led me to think you were misconstruing what I was saying as an unnecessary argument and that I was being a nuisance, that's all.

I don't mind opposing viewpoints - good rational debate is all about that.