My favourite ever player! I absolutely loved watching Coop. Actually watched the Moody Blue documentary last night and had a wee tear in my eye. It brought back memories of one mf my first ever trips to Ibrox when he abslutely ripped Ilves tampere to threads and set up a hat-trick for robert Fleck. A genius.

On a wee side note, someone mentioned in that programme he had never been sent off and hardly ever booked. I seem to rememebr him being sent off in Europe, I think an away game against a german team. I think we had another player sent off in that game too (possibly McCoist). Anyone else rememebr this or am I havering?

Dont remember him too much from the early 80s when he was probably at his best. My first 2 real memories of him are actually taking penalties - against Celtic in the 1986 league cup final and for Scotland in 1985 against Wales the day Jock Stein died.

After that my main memory was that free kick against Aberdeen in the league cup final that almost took the net off - absolute belter.

Its hard to believe its 13 years, i remember walking home from school and reading the stand where the guys sell's newspapers on the street and couldnt believe it.

I was at all of these games.

One thing i remember from the mid 80s (pre-Souness) was the team getting read out and the players being politely clapped but a huge cheer when they read out Coop's nmae. the only star in the team back then.

R.I.P Mr Cooper.......

13 Year To The Day......:(

We've got Davie, Davie, Davie, Davie Cooper

On the wing, on the wing

We've got Davie, Davie, Davie, Davie Cooper

On the wing, on the wing

Davie, oh, Davie Cooper!

Oh, Davie Cooper on the wi-ing!

Davie, oh, Davie Cooper!

Oh Davie Cooper on the wing?