On 23 March 1995 we lost one of our heros. Davie Cooper was and is still regared as a Ranger. I can still remember the numbness I felt when I heard the news of Davies passing.

daviecoopercy3.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNpMIUBXH-E

"God gave Davie Cooper a talent. He would not be disappointed with how it was used." - Walter Smith

"Although he had played away from the club for a number of years, he never really left and will always be a part of the club" - Ally McCoist

"The word 'class' is one that stands out when thinking of David Cooper" - David Murray

Davie Cooper - A True Blue - Simply The Best - God Bless & RIP - Gone but NEVER forgotten

Cammy F

Always a legend. My first hero too.

Dont get to too many games, was lucky enough as a kid to shake his hand in a friendly against Ross County.

He'll never be out of our thoughts, a true Ranger an role model for all kids to follow

My hero, when he came to our primary scholl before the final against the sheep in 1981/82 SCF. He was a Hamilton lad and the Noble family who ran (they may still) the Hamilton Advertiser were close friends of his. He was asked by my then teacher (Mrs Noble funnily enough) to come to the school and say hello... I was simply in awe. He then proceeded to do 100 keepy ups with a suit and shoes on (remember the kind of style back then and you will know how hard that must have been).

Met him a few times, My old man knew him - mainly from the bookies.

A total gent and never failed to do his bit as a hero to everyonr who worshipped him.

The day he died I found out in the evening, and I was in tears.

Simply the best.

Dont remember him too much from the early 80s when he was probably at his best. My first 2 real memories of him are actually taking penalties - against Celtic in the 1986 league cup final and for Scotland in 1985 against Wales the day Jock Stein died.

After that my main memory was that free kick against Aberdeen in the league cup final that almost took the net off - absolute belter.

Its hard to believe its 13 years, i remember walking home from school and reading the stand where the guys sell's newspapers on the street and couldnt believe it.