Ronald de Boer hangs up his boots

As the title says Ronald has decided to call it a day. He has just returned from injury and although there are still two games left of the Qatar season, he has decided not to risk any further injury in the two games left.

Thanks for the memories Ronald, one of the greats i have had the privilege to watch.

18or9.th.jpg

20ig3.th.jpg

21sd3.th.jpg

22aw3.th.jpg

Superb player - excellent thinker on and off the ball.

Another who we should look to appoint to unearth some talent for us

:cheers:

Off topic and apologies for that.... but I just dont get the fascination some of us have with the notion that a truly wonderful player would automatically turn out to be fantastic at unearthing talent - sure in some instances it works but it isnt guaranteed.

Some examples in sports would be Pele (who was a poor coach) and Michael Jordan who was given the recruiting policy when he took over the Wasington Wizards (and they went on to be one of the worst teams in the NBA).

Not getting at you Gribz but I dont buy the whole "he was a great player so would obviously unearth great talent". Many times HAVING talent doesnt mean you can SPOT talent.

Off topic and apologies for that.... but I just dont get the fascination some of us have with the notion that a truly wonderful player would automatically turn out to be fantastic at unearthing talent - sure in some instances it works but it isnt guaranteed.

Some examples in sports would be Pele (who was a poor coach) and Michael Jordan who was given the recruiting policy when he took over the Wasington Wizards (and they went on to be one of the worst teams in the NBA).

Not getting at you Gribz but I dont buy the whole "he was a great player so would obviously unearth great talent". Many times HAVING talent doesnt mean you can SPOT talent.

Nah I dont just pick anyone for unearthig talent, for instance ive never said Gazza should go out and be a scout for us coz I dont think thats a position for him. Ive never said Mols, Caniggia or Thern, I just select former players i think would have the right brain for it.

Holland have a great system in place so why not select pick De Boer - A Dutch great and former Ger to do such a role.

Others who ive mentioned in the past who could do such job is Laudrup and Ray Wilkins.

Great player and scored a great header against Celtic. One of the best players i have seen playing for us in my life time

All the best Ronald

Thats the goal that sticks out for me too, didnt half silence the bheggars :)

Fabulous player and it was a privilage to have a player of that quality at Ibrox.