Ricksen?

Guest TheBrit

Except for one season he has been treating Rangers like shite, by playing below his ability. The year he needed a new contract he all of a sudden throws the booze and plays like he should be playing.

I am afraid i have no sympathy for you Fernando, you have been ripping good supporters off for most of your years at Ibrox.

Shut the door behind you as you leave!:mad:

Ricksen's lack of remorse makes me just as angry as his initial alleged behaviour.

He disgusts me and the quicker he leaves, or is preferably sacked, the better.

Ditto Frankie.

He has a past reputation, had a shocker of a season last season, acts in an inappropriate way on a plane, brings the club into disrepute with his actions........ and then plays the victim !?!?!

Ricksen..... GTF

Dont have much further to add to whats already been said, only that Ricksens apparently said that PLG was looking for ways to get rid of him. Thats just nonsense - if he wanted rid then he would have told him along with the other players.

No apology, saying he cant work with a manger who treats him like this.

What about the way he has treated the club and his team mates at such an important time when the team with new players in the ranks need to bond and get to know eachother.

He drinks on the plane, dont know if he was the only player to do this or not but demons from his past should have made him realise it was a bad idea from the word go.

No sympathy for you Fernando, not after these comments.

Maybe what Ricksen did wasn't all that bad and PLG over-exagerated a little bit. I doubt it but there's always 2 sides to a story. Why is everyone having a go at FR, let's just wait to read about it when it becomes public knowledge.

My reason for having a go is not for the original incident stewarty - but he is a public figure representing Rangers and arguing with an air stewardess isn't the best of behaviour is it ?

but his lack of remorse over his actions doesn't sit well.

It is all assumption but I am sure that PLG laid his rules out to the team and it seems that Ricksen ADMITS he broke those rules - that is enough for PLG to take the action he deems fit and he has to stamp his authority on the team.

Breaking the rules is breaking the rules - if Ricksen broke them as seems to be the case then he deserves whatever punishment is meted out to him.

I won't be sad to see him go.

My reason for having a go is not for the original incident stewarty - but he is a public figure representing Rangers and arguing with an air stewardess isn't the best of behaviour is it ?

but his lack of remorse over his actions doesn't sit well.

It is all assumption but I am sure that PLG laid his rules out to the team and it seems that Ricksen ADMITS he broke those rules - that is enough for PLG to take the action he deems fit and he has to stamp his authority on the team.

Breaking the rules is breaking the rules - if Ricksen broke them as seems to be the case then he deserves whatever punishment is meted out to him.

I won't be sad to see him go.

Nor will I. He's a dinosuar from the Advocaat era and it's time we moved on. Any hope of a reprieve has gone because of his reaction to the incident - if he'd kept quiet and apologised perhaps things could have been different - given his past I wouldn't be surprised to see him moved on. I doubt he'll be sacked because we wouldn't get a transfer fee for him.

Fernando Ricksen fears he has played his last game for Rangers after being sent home from the club's pre-season tour of South Africa.

The 29-year-old will return to Glasgow after being punished for "inappropriate behaviour" on the outbound flight.

He claimed manager Paul Le Guen over-reacted after he admitted drinking and arguing with a stewardess.

The Dutch defender told The Sun: "I'm flying home to Glasgow and it looks as if I'm finished with Rangers."

A statement on Rangers' website confirmed Ricksen had been punished for his behaviour on the flight to Johannesburg.

Le Guen said: "His behaviour was unacceptable for the way I've asked players to conduct themselves.

"Therefore, he won't carry out pre-season training with the squad."

Rickson claims that Rangers have other motives for wanting him out of Ibrox.

"I think I've played my last game because I don't know if I can work with a manager who treats me like that," he said.

I can't help feeling this is being done because they want me out

Rangers defender Fernando Ricksen

"I would have accepted a fine, but to be sent home is just ridiculous.

"Look, I'm a big earner and if they can find a way to get me off the wage bill then maybe it frees up money to bring in others.

"I deserved some punishment. I'm not proud of what I did. It was stupid and I've made a mistake.

"What has happened to me just feels very harsh, though, and I can't help feeling this is being done because they want me out."

Before departing for the tour, Ricksen had expressed his excitement for the coming campaign under new boss Le Guen.

Following a season wrecked by persistent stomach muscle problems, the Dutchman spoke of his determination to be remembered as a great player at Rangers.

"I'm injury free and very happy," he said. "I'm probably more determined than I've ever been, but I have to be that way.

"I'm almost 30 now and I want to continue to play football. I want to push myself and get the maximum out of myself.

"I don't want to end up a has-been. I know I can achieve so much more and I know there is more to come from me."