Ricksen?

Guest TheBrit

I'm disappointed in Ricksen. I thought he was a reformed character season before last, but last season he went back on the rough, and then PLG came in and he had a clean slate and a chance to make amends and return to the scene. He's made an ass of himself now apparently, and it shows PLG is a strict disciplinarian who operates a no tolerance policy. It shows a clear message to the rest of the players about what is expected and will make them understand what's at stake.

I think we may have seen the last of Ricksen.

I thought we might see Ricksen back to the form of 2 years ago with the arrival of Le Guen.

What an idiot for ruining his chances. He obviously went on the bevvy when told not to.

Boot him out ASAP, IMO he is dead wood.

Appertly the plane didn't take off as sceduald so this agitated fernando so then he asked for something to calm his nerves but was refused so he then berated (abused) "So i was told" one of the flight attendants to which he was later ejected off the plane by flight security.

According to sources they say fernando has a fear of flying much like bergkamp.

ps

If this is true then i feel sorry for the guy.

Whatever, he has probably played his last game for Rangers. Le Guen said he would give everyone a chance, it looks like Ricksen has just lost his.

Whether you are frightened of flying or not, there is no need for abuse.

The guy is just a ned. No tears if he leaves.

Appertly the plane didn't take off as sceduald so this agitated fernando so then he asked for something to calm his nerves but was refused so he then berated (abused) "So i was told" one of the flight attendants to which he was later ejected off the plane by flight security.

According to sources they say fernando has a fear of flying much like bergkamp.

ps

If this is true then i feel sorry for the guy.

Which is again why people shouldnt assume! If this is true id feel a tad sorry for him aswell coz im not the best flyer either, but there are better ways about going it.

I am not that great in flying myself but don't abuse anyone. If he needed something to settle him down then he should have had that sorted with the medical team much in advance. He has done too much for this to be a one of situation. Just a ned in my book.

I don't want speculation about this. Rangers should comment soon on what happened and until then I'd prefer we used our brains and didn't spread false and unfounded stories.

Dignity.

From sporting-life.

Fernando Ricksen believes he has played his last game for Rangers after being sent home from their pre-season trip to South Africa.

The Dutchman, who turns 30 later this month, will fly back to Glasgow with the club doctor on Monday following "inappropriate behaviour" on the flight to Johannesburg.

Ricksen admits to drinking on the plane and having an argument with an air stewardess but has accused new boss Paul Le Guen of over-reacting.

"I am flying home to Glasgow and it looks as if I'm finished with Rangers," he told the Scottish Sun.

"I think I have played my last game because I don't know if I can work with a manager who treats me like that.

"I would have accepted a fine but to be sent home is just ridiculous."

He claims Le Guen wanted him out of Ibrox so he could free up money for new players.

Ricksen added: "Look, I am a big earner and if they can find a way to get me off the wage bill them maybe it frees up money to bring in others.

"I deserved some punishment - I'm not proud of what I did. It was stupid and I've made a mistake.

"What has happened to me just feels very harsh, though, and I can't help thinking

this is perhaps being done because they want me out."

Le Guen said on Sunday night: "The behaviour of Fernando Ricksen was wholly inappropriate and unacceptable for the way in which I have asked my players to conduct themselves."

No apology, saying he cant work with a manger who treats him like this.

What about the way he has treated the club and his team mates at such an important time when the team with new players in the ranks need to bond and get to know eachother.

He drinks on the plane, dont know if he was the only player to do this or not but demons from his past should have made him realise it was a bad idea from the word go.

No sympathy for you Fernando, not after these comments.