KEVIN THOMSON knew he was going to score against Celtic on Saturday - after missing a sitter in training 24 hours earlier.

The former Hibs midfielder made the difference against the Parkhead outfit when he broke the deadlock seconds before half-time to give his side a 1-0 win.

Thomson fires Gers into the leadIt was Thomson's first goal for the Light Blues and he could see it coming after his efforts at Murray Park the day before.

The 23-year-old, who was later carried off but is fit for Thursday's UEFA Cup tie with Sporting Lisbon, said: "I actually had a wee feeling I was going to score.

"I always get slated by the boys for not scoring and Allan McGregor in particular has been pounding me for not shooting more.

"On Friday, all the lads were slaughtering me when I missed a sitter in training. The ball broke to me a couple of yards out but I scuffed it wide with my right foot.

"I looked over and saw the gaffer shaking his head. I thought then: 'I'm due a goal - one on Saturday would be nice.'Kevin Thomson battles with Celtic's Scott McDonald

"I had a wee sneaky feeling I was going to get one against Celtic but I never imagined it would be like that.

"I thought I might get lucky with a shot from distance but I couldn't see myself getting into a one-on-one situation with Artur Boruc and scoring with my right foot.

"Luckily I didn't have too much time to think about my finish. I just looked up and told myself to hit it low. It was the greatest feeling in the world to see it hit the net."

The only thing that spoiled Thomson's day was the first-half booking which now rules him out of the next Old Firm game at Parkhead on April 16.

It was his first domestic caution for almost four months but having had six others, that has sparked a two-match suspension.

Kevin Thomson is looked at by Phillip YeatesAs far as Thomson is concerned, it is a small price to pay for the biggest moment of his career so far.

He added: "After I scored, I just lost it. I spoke to my mum after the game and told her that I didn't know what I was doing for 30 seconds or so.

"When the game was about to restart, I suddenly realised I couldn't catch my breath and I started to gag.

"I don't think there was any oxygen left in my lungs and the adrenalin had completely taken over.

"I've never known a feeling like that before. It was incredible and scoring a goal like that is just the best feeling in the world."

The only thing that spoiled Thomson's day was the first-half booking which now rules him out of the next Old Firm game at Parkhead on April 16.

That is a real shame as he really drives our midfield. Good thing though is he can be replaced by Hemdani, although a different player he has good qualities too.

That is a real shame as he really drives our midfield. Good thing though is he can be replaced by Hemdani, although a different player he has good qualities too.

We wont need him. Celtic didn't offer much that had me in a sweat. Walter has the Indian sign over Chesney too :flash:

Why does he get suspended for the Celtic game and not Dundee Utd or is suspended for that aswell??

But Hemdani can easy come in, alternatively Davis moves in one and Novo starts out right. Plenty options :thup:

It's the same for Scottydog Brown. He's got a three game ban but it doesn't kick in for about 2/3 weeks after he gets the booking. It's a bizarre system that's in place, it's the same when players can appeal against a ban and therefore get to play in a game they otherwise would be banned, because the SFA/SPL (or whoever it is) cant convene a disciplinary panel in time to make a decision.

Maybe not the best game for my banner idea if neither are playing... :(

Saw S_A's alter-ego started a thread on FF asking about banner making and someone pointed this out...

Loved hearing those quotes from Thomson, he made his choice, his pal brown made his own. I know who will be the richer of the two (money - especially THAT much - is not everything...)