Excellent post as ever, one of the better regualr columns online.

The story regarding Scot Brown does seem to be gathering momentum, but i'm still not convinced there's any real substance to it. And even if he is unhappy with Strachan and at Celtic, there's no chance he would come direct to Ibrox.

I dont believe it will happen either. There's more chance of Kenny Misser arriving at Ibrox to be honest.

Saying that, Brown and Riordon are both players I admired when playing for Hibs so if either ended up at Ibrox it would be fine by me.

''We have the distinct prospect of having 7 of our remaining 9 games played away from home ''.......Can you imagine if it was Celtc who had these games.The paranoia would go into overdrive

It already is as they have obviously played more away games than us so far... and are very hot under the collar about it.

They seem to forget that the accepted way of thinking is that it's an advantage to play your away games first.

They also think it's a conspiracy that we've played each other at Ibrox twice! Ignoring the fact that could be seen as an advantage, it was at their club's request!

You couldn't make it up.

You play the same teams home and away the same number of times (well sort of if it weren't for the split, but hope you get my jist) so what does it matter what order they're in?

Clutching at straw of the worst kind.

They started after the first four games - saying it was a conspiracy that they had a harder start. On paper from the standings from the season before, I think it was actually easier although a couple of the teams they had improved.

However, after about 7 games we'd pretty much played the same teams.

They also seemed to think a game against Kilmarnock - a later relegation candidate, was obviously harder as they drew - nothing to do with Celtic playing badly.

The depths of their paranoia knows no bounds and even the fixtures computer is against them...

I would have NO issue in seeing Scott Brown at Ibrox. I think that story has substance - I think he wanted to come to us and I could easily be convinced that Hibs decided to auction him.

Sadly at the end of the day the player himself would have only had two options, stay at Hibs or sign for Celtic.

IMO it only adds weight to his disgust at being pushed to Parkhead by the sub-par performances he has been putting in.

I would still like to see him at Ibrox, especially if he wanted to be here but was forced elsewhere. However, at the inflated fee Celtic paid then I don't think he would be a good buy and with the wages he is on I dont think they would be great value for money. If he took a pay cut he would be showing he has the right attitude and would be at Rangers because he WANTS to be.

I also have no problem in seeing their players sign for us direct and vice versa - so long as they sign our duds and we get their best players (actually..... Scott Brown is probably the only one in their team I would take.... maybe McGeady too :eek: )

I think there are three sticking points in him coming to Rangers.

1) Celtic would find it hard to sell to us direct as their fans would likely start a boycott of home games or something.

2) The price, they would want a profit and we thought he was too expensive the last time.

3) His wages, they just wouldn't fit in our wage structure where he'd get a maximum of 20 grand a week.

I think all three point to the reason why he could see the Premiership as the next step in his career. Even a struggling team like Birmingham would have more of a chance of getting him than us.

I agree with your 3 sticking points calscot - but I think #3 could be overcome - if he really wanted to be at Ibrox then I could see him taking a 5k a week pay cut.

#1 and #2 would put the brakes on any deal though.