Seems they have taken the bigot onto the coaching staff !!

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/scottishpremier/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=soccer/08/04/03/SOCCER_Celtic.html

Neil Lennon jumped at the chance to return to Celtic and admitted it was a "phenomenal" feeling to be back with the club he loves.

The former Hoops captain accepted an invitation from manager Gordon Strachan to join his coaching staff, and Lennon will be on the frontline from the start in his second spell in Glasgow.

His place among the coaches on the bench for Saturday's Clydesdale Bank Premier League clash with Motherwell has been confirmed.

The man with the enormous passion for the Parkhead outfit, with whom he won five SPL titles until leaving for a fresh challenge in England last summer, has now kicked his last ball in competitive football.

The combative midfielder had been playing with Wycombe, bossed by fellow Hoops legend Paul Lambert, in League Two.

But there was no stopping Lennon from heading north when the offer to rejoin Celtic came in.

The 36-year-old said: "I am overwhelmed at being offered this chance to return to Celtic, a place where everyone knows my heart lies.

"Obviously, it was a tremendous honour to play for Celtic and to captain the club. Returning to Celtic and being part of the coaching set-up is simply phenomenal.

"I would like to thank Gordon for this opportunity and I look forward to doing all I can to play my part in achieving further success for the club."

The former Northern Ireland international joins a coaching staff which includes assistant boss Garry Pendrey and first-team coach Tommy Burns.

Burns is currently battling cancer for the second time but still coaches at the club and will continue to do so when his treatment programme allows.

Lennon arrives without a coaching pedigree but his leadership and motivational qualities are in no doubt.

He first joined Celtic from Leicester in 2000 for �£5.5million, joining former Foxes boss Martin O'Neill in Glasgow.

Five years later he was appointed captain by Strachan in 2005, one of the former Southampton manager's first tasks after taking over from O'Neill.

Lennon led Celtic to back-to-back championships, and to the last 16 of the Champions League last season, before leaving to join Nottingham Forest, who he left in January.

In all, he won five SPL titles, four Scottish Cups and two League Cups with Celtic.

As well as the Champions League achievement, Lennon also played a key role in Celtic reaching the 2003 UEFA Cup final.

He has no doubt whatsoever the time is right to steer his career towards a potential future in management, and leaving behind his playing career became an easy decision.

Lennon said: "It was an opportunity I couldn't refuse. Chances like this only come around once in a lifetime and I'm flattered to have been given the role."

Strachan's side trail Rangers by six points in the SPL, and their Old Firm rivals are poised to unseat them as Scottish champions barring a late-season twist in the title race.

Second-best was never enough for Lennon, and Strachan is relishing the return of his former skipper, and said: "Neil is someone who I am proud to have worked with previously and is a man who I have great respect for.

"Neil has made a huge contribution to Celtic over a number of years and has been a major part of the club's success in recent times.

"We were disappointed to lose Neil and he is someone who I was very keen to have back at the club.

"With his qualities, Neil will be a very valuable addition to our (coaching) team and we are very much looking forward to working with him."

Perfect time to see us win the treble :rfc:

Cracking smilie that BTW.

I read on the BBC website that the mhanks think this is a poor excuse to try and win the fans back over a poor season. :) He'll be putting his boots on next year then!!

Welcome back ya wee scrotum of a creature. I hope you enjoy winning fuck all this year!

Oh NO !!!!!!!!!,we're fooked now,we'll never win anything again now the messiah has returned to the piggery :flipa:

I read on the BBC website that the mhanks think this is a poor excuse to try and win the fans back over a poor season. :) He'll be putting his boots on next year then!!

That was my first thought too - looks to me like an obvious ploy to win back the fans - could it be Chesney's last stand ?

Imagine if they made him manager when Chesney throws the toys out the pram....

That was my first thought too - looks to me like an obvious ploy to win back the fans - could it be Chesney's last stand ?

Imagine if they made him manager when Chesney throws the toys out the pram....

It does maybe show a bit of desperation from Chezz but I can see him leaving this summer anyway.

Lennon and Lambert as Co managers next season??? That would be hilarious.