"Centre-back Cuellar, 26, who signed from Osasuna last summer, said: "I have a contract for three years. I want to stay at Rangers for life.

"I always liked the idea of playing in a big league with other big players but now I'm very happy here.

"I play in the Champions League, I can win the league, the UEFA Cup - now I'm playing in a big team in Europe.''

Yes, please!

not only does the big man seem grateful for his place in life, hes not a greedy money grabing bastard like your average epl player. hes also got the first ingredient you need to become a legend, LOYALTY TO YOUR CLUB!

not only does the big man seem grateful for his place in life, hes not a greedy money grabing bastard like your average epl player. hes also got the first ingredient you need to become a legend, LOYALTY TO YOUR CLUB!

Tis easy to say he has loyalty to the club when he has only been here 9 months. His loyalty hasnt yet been tested - a bit premature to suggest he is loyal in my opinion.

Do I think he is being sincere with what he says ? Yep, but still, at 9 months his loyalty hasnt been tested yet - will be interesting to see if t gets tested in July/August and whether he is still as loyal.

Also will be interesting if his opinion changes if/when the club try to punt him for a large fee.......

hey! its the guy with the coat on!

ill wager the big man will be here at the start of the next season. he said when he first came that he wasnt going to use the club as a stepping stone to the EPL and by the sound of it he hes sticking to his word. give the guy a bit of credit.

Brilliant to see someone finally come out and say what Carlos has.

For YEARS we've all been saying that the grass isn't always greener on the other side (Premiership) but so many players go there just to fade into mediocrity whilst earning a healthy pay package for it, turning their back on European football and medals for the sake of a pay rise.

Ferguson did well when he came out and said he found out the hard way it wasn't all it's cracked up to be and was big enough to admit he made a mistake, glad to see Carlos won't make the same one.

Loyalty is rare these days so always nice to see it.

Words mean nothing. I will be a happy Bear if he stays, but we need actions, not words.

totally agree and i think most bears are hoping he sticks to his words rather than thinkin from his statements

only time will tell

hey! its the guy with the coat on!

ill wager the big man will be here at the start of the next season. he said when he first came that he wasnt going to use the club as a stepping stone to the EPL and by the sound of it he hes sticking to his word. give the guy a bit of credit.

Dirty rain mac I am wearing now my man.

I am not saying he won't be loyal, just that 9 months is hardly enough time to give him credit for being loyal.

I hope he sticks to his word as he has been incredible for us and I hope he isnt pushed out the door by the club for the cash !

He gets plenty of credit from me for what he has done for us and I would like nothing more than to see him with us till the end of his career. He is a class act.