Is anyone else getting paranoid about this ?

That's a few players from opposition teams this season accusing us of Anti-Football. It's been one of our best seasons in a long time but should we be playing with a lot more style and panache ??

We normally have 2 defensive midfielders behind Fergie in the big matches but we all know the ball normally goes backwards from these 2 defensive midfielders instead of forward. Ok we're missing Beasley who has a lot of pace and trickery but would he get a game if McCulloch or Adam were fully fit ??

Burke or Novo, even Buffel should start more matches on the right maybe and get Davis into the centre with Fergie and maybe only play one defensive midfielder perhaps ??

Still, if we win the quadruple would we care about Anti-football ??

I'm guessing next season we may have one or two more flair players all the same.

Is anyone else getting paranoid about this ?

That's a few players from opposition teams this season accusing us of Anti-Football. It's been one of our best seasons in a long time but should we be playing with a lot more style and panache ??

We normally have 2 defensive midfielders behind Fergie in the big matches but we all know the ball normally goes backwards from these 2 defensive midfielders instead of forward. Ok we're missing Beasley who has a lot of pace and trickery but would he get a game if McCulloch or Adam were fully fit ??

Burke or Novo, even Buffel should start more matches on the right maybe and get Davis into the centre with Fergie and maybe only play one defensive midfielder perhaps ??

Still, if we win the quadruple would we care about Anti-football ??

I'm guessing next season we may have one or two more flair players all the same.

Im about as paranoid as Uncle Soccer!!

Its bollocks especially at this stange of the season when we are going for 4 trophies!!! - Thats unreal!! Man Utd and Chelsea cant even say that!!

We arent pretty and set our stall out not to lose (first) but we still intend in winning games.

Bollocks to it. Arsenal Play sublime football that i could watch all day but they will win fuck all.

Don't know about paranoid, more like fucking sick of it. Its been mentioned a couple of times by bitter players and then latched on to by various people when they can't find anything to criticise about us, usually in defeat.

Walter is just playing to our strengths while accepting our limitations. He's rebuilt that squad to an amazing degree in a really short time. I think its a poor indictment of some teams if they can't break our system down considering we've been playing the same sort of setup all season.

the type of football we play is acceptable for certain games but as the werder bremen game showed and the first half at peadophile park you can get bogged down on your own 18 yard line with your backs to the wall. We may have a great chance to win a quardruple but unless we start to take the game to other teams and start to dictate the play then we may end up with egg on our faces. We were 3 points away from clinching the league on wednesday night and I thought we would have a real go at the mhanks but we handed the game to them on a plate. hope walter read the warning signs.

It's part sour grapes and clutching at straws from 'them' and some others jumping on the bandwagon.

It has to be said though the football we are playing is not pretty and I have been bored sh1tless at a few of the games this season.

That said what a position we are in - 4 competitions considering where we were this time last Jan. I thought this would be another rebuilding season, getting back some credibility and maybe doing no bad in Europe and perhaps getting 1 cup (like Scottish or CIS) but look where we are.

TV pundit, football phone ins and cack papers all say to fans what you moaning about at least you are winning do you want to win or do you want good skillful football - I say why cant we have both?

Problem is it's hard to attract those kind of players to our league - hopefully though with recent runs in Europe (from both sides unfortunately) more up and coming players will be attracted to it and come to us and not them

:rfc:

Miss Q

Samaras made a big point about prefering to play for a team who look to win nothing as they "get the ball down and try to make chances", so I watched the Celtic tactics with interest.

Most of their attacks were punctuated by a high ball forward. He obviously doesn't know his own team tactics. Perhaps he should request a transfer to Falkirk, who not only won't win anything as well, but actually do play the ball on the deck - and what team doesn't try to make chances?

All I can say that if Rangers try less than Celtic to make chances then we're far better at taking them as we've scored more goals. Celtic seem to just be a bunch of triers.

I don't think any manager sets out to entertain the crowd. He sets out to win. If he has the players to play a type of game that peases the crowd is a bonus and really more of a coincidence.

The likes of Schumacher doesn't think about entertaining the crowd when he plans his race, he thinks about how to get round the track faster and the best place to overtake. If he can win the race from the front without overtaking or only overtaking in the pits, he will.

WS uses what tools he has available in the most effective way he can think of. He's after doing an effective job results first and foremost which is why he's surprised at the reaction of fans of the team.

If he could afford the type of players that Barcelona can and could use them to win by playing aethetic football, I'm sure he would do so. However they didn't produce fantastic football at Ibrox, and only had a couple of flashes in the Nou Camp against us. When you're the more skillful team, you have another team trying to stop you play, and that makes you less entertaining. For Rangers that happend almost every week.

Unfortunately our budget is more like a top Championship team never mind a middling Premiership one. The fact that we're the only British team left in the UEFA cup speaks volumes.

I recently watched a bit of a 0-0 Chelsea game and it was dire so even spending loads of money doesn't always result in a crowd pleasing performance.

As I mentioned previously in a post a few months back we yet again find ourselves in a very big derby match with the enemy just days after a massive UEFA cup match. Could this be why the players struggle. The SFA needs to sort this out for next season or no Scottish team will reach this far for a long time.

Another thing, we could play Septic up to 7 times a season, 4 league matches, two possible cup matches and a European meeting might even one day happen.

I guess Rangers will need a 60-man squad for next season !