Gordon Bennett - we've sneaked through there have we!!! Id say its down to switching to 4-4-2 and a big change in personel plus 2 injuries early on.

Reports say we missed a few chances, although I didnt see the game.

Glad to see Buffel on and that he was the 'best of a bad bunch' as per previously said. Im sure given a few more games his match fitness will go up, thats his first run out in how long??

But we're in the Cup final. I said at the start of the season we need to be pushing for the title come April and we need the Scottish Cup again after not winning it for 5 years.

Its been the year of the underdog in England and Scotland, Barnsley put Liverpool and Chelsea out the FA cup! Im glad we didnt fall to St Johnstone no matter how we got through.

I wonder what odds you would have got on Portsmouth v Cardiff and Rangers v Queen of the South being the 2 cup finals at the start of the season!!!

so 1 person saying buffel was 'best of a bad bunch' then it must be true?

he did well in spells as we know he can but was also missing in action the rest of the time as we have seen too many times before with him, nothing has changed even against a lower division team.....I'm not saying he was the only one but he was certainly one, and he got his favoured position so no excuses apart IMO.

he had more than a full game that some fans wanted but still didn't do enough for me but then again he did more than hemdani who was again bloody awful...........i'd rather see some young players in there than these guys.....

so 1 person saying buffel was 'best of a bad bunch' then it must be true?

he did well in spells as we know he can but was also missing in action the rest of the time as we have seen too many times before with him, nothing has changed even against a lower division team.....I'm not saying he was the only one but he was certainly one, and he got his favoured position so no excuses apart IMO.

FFS, what do you want - Maradona for 90 mins?? The guy hasnt kicked a ball in how long??

Yet if Boyd was playing and did his usual flapping with that pace of his you'd be happy, and nothing was mentioned about Partick being a lower league team last week :confused:

FFS, what do you want - Maradona for 90 mins?? The guy hasnt kicked a ball in how long??

Yet if Boyd was playing and did his usual flapping with that pace of his you'd be happy, and nothing was mentioned about Partick being a lower league team last week :confused:

calm down the whole team was pretty poor but can't i have an opinion?

he showed yesterday IMO what he has done in his time here, flashes of decent skill then goes hiding for 20 mins, if that's good enough for you then fine but he doesn't even attempt to tackle or go for a bloody header, he runs away from the ball when someone comes near him. he just doesn't suit the game here at all so it would be better if he went and we can get some real quality in, and someone who doesn't crap his pants at the sight of another player, but again just my opinion.......

re boyd he plays up front to score goals which he does well does he not?

he does his job better than buffel ever will for us and again that's just my opinion........

i'll leave it at that i think..........

The question is also, "what do YOU want?" Gribz. Do you want us to love the guy even though he frustrates the hell out of us?

The guy kicks a football almost everyday unless he's refusing to train. He's also had reserve games.

He DID play his preferred position and he got most of a game. Yet while showing some good flashes of skill, he DID disappear for most of the game.

His MO has not changed in the slightest. Fans know what he's like and judge him on that - as do the management. He did exactly as expected. You like him for it, but many think we should play a more consistent player instead.

He's had a few chances this season but not done anything to suggest he'll do a better job than those already consistently getting results for Rangers, and there's plenty to suggest he would be far worse.

PS I thought Novo had a far better game than Buffel and was probably our best player, but he couldn't shoot for toffee until the ball was on the spot.

Also didn't see Buffel put himself forward at the penalty shootout...

Cousin was more anonymous during the game than Buffel but then stepped up to put away the winning penalty.

Players can't play for the full 90 minutes. There are times in games that they won't see the ball for a while. I think people are being a tad unfair on Buffel and expecting him to shine for the full 90 minutes!

I'd still sell him cause he's not is WS plans but he's not getting a fair crack by people on here. People are saying the team were terrible last season but happy with the improvement this season so what's different about giving Buffel another chance like we have done with the team as a whole?

When it comes to Buffel absence doesn't half make the heart grow fonder. Same old Buffel on display yesterday, talented but he has no heart what so ever.

I wish I was an Arsenal fan right now, their fans have really got their moneys worth this season with all the silky one touch football. Who needs success when you have entertainment :yawn: