Do the Scottish Press/Media want Rangers to Fail ?

Is it just me or are the Scottish press desparate for Rangers to fail in their quest for a domestic treble and a uefa cup win ? ,

we have been slaughterd for our peformance's and given no credit for getting through to 2 Scottish finals and into a European semi final with a reasonable chance of Reaching the Final in Manchester.

Last week before the old firm game it was "Strachan must go" "Celtic in Crisis"

now after a last minute winner against us everythings Rosey again and their the media darlings again.

The one that drives me mad the most is Bill Leckie this man cannot hide his hatred for our club he is a prick of the highest order

Also McGreedy getting young player and player of the year can someone please tell me how many good games this little weasel has turned up in this season ?? to say he is better than Cuellar is a joke.

We do have a lot of injurys at the moment but the chance to do a quadruople must spur the players on , i will be there on Thursday signing till i cant sign no more and give whatever playerrs smith chooses 110% backing and hopefully we pull of a result despite being written off already before a ball is kicked.

Yours in "i hate Celtic with a passion mode" :rfc:

without sounding paranoid I would also say they would love it if we lost the league, didn't get to the final of the uefa cup and saw QOS win the Scottish cup. that would keep them going on stories until next season and beyond.......

just hearing one of our former players on the radio saying 'everyone' was relieved about diamonds legitimate goal being chopped off said it all for me....nothing but scum of the highest order IMO.

I just hope we ram it down their throats big style.........

without sounding paranoid I would also say they would love it if we lost the league, didn't get to the final of the uefa cup and saw QOS win the Scottish cup. that would keep them going on stories until next season and beyond.......

just hearing one of our former players on the radio saying 'everyone' was relieved about diamonds legitimate goal being chopped off said it all for me....nothing but scum of the highest order IMO.

I just hope we ram it down their throats big style.........

Totally Agree , hate to say it but one of the worst offenders for negative anti Rangers /Pro Celtic comments is Derek Johnstone (RFC Legend) his comments baffle me on Radio Clyde ? and has me questioning were his loyalty's lye , i find him a bit better in his times colum but once he mixes with the Radio Snide Brigade he tends to fit in with the rest.

Totally Agree , hate to say it but one of the worst offenders for negative anti Rangers /Pro Celtic comments is Derek Johnstone (RFC Legend) his comments baffle me on Radio Clyde ? and has me questioning were his loyalty's lye , i find him a bit better in his times colum but once he mixes with the Radio Snide Brigade he tends to fit in with the rest.

yes the list is endless of bitter ex players........

The bigger and better you are, the more they want to bring you down.

I'd go with that. They won't be happy until we fail and when/if we do they'll make us out to be losers and in a crisis.

About McGeady winning the awards, someone's been smoking crack! Agree with it or not but people are always going to give awards to attacking players before defending players it's the way it's always been.

I'd go with that. They won't be happy until we fail and when/if we do they'll make us out to be losers and in a crisis.

About McGeady winning the awards, someone's been smoking crack! Agree with it or not but people are always going to give awards to attacking players before defending players it's the way it's always been.

He is a one trick Pony who turns up 5 games a season and wins 2 player of the year awards :confused:but at the end of the day give the little turd all the awards going as long as Rangers win the SPL thats all that counts.

McGeady winning the POTY awards is due to the vote being done half way through the season.

Of course the media want us to fail. Its Scottish mentality to not want your own clubs to do well. Our own governing bodies cant even help us out with this joke of a fixture list. The St Johnston game could easy have been played on Saturday to allow us an extra day preparation to Fiorentina.

I say Scottish mentality because I dont think it really comes into it down south. For eg if Blackburn were in a UEFA cup final then id expect the rest of the country to get behind them.

But there would be no better feeling to ram it up them with a treble / quadriple. The only thing thats concerning me at the moment is the injury and suspension list creeping up.

I think you will find that McGeady's award is from his fellow professionals and not the press and as Gribz said the votes were cast in February. Why they can't vote at the end of the season beats me.

Obviously the press want all twists and turns in the run in as that will give them the ammunition to sell papers. As a Rangers supporter i would stop buying the paper if the headlines were about how Celtic won the league.

In saying that their does seem to be more Celtic minded journalists and i may be wrong but Rangers seem to have the following of many of the top managers. Rangers minded ex footballers seem to prefer coaching to writing.