Murray's backup for everywhere in defence and midfield but I dont have much confidence in him playing every week. Actually, left back position is as worrying as right back if we get a couple of injuries....

In my opinion we a re still short in 2 or 3positions. We are still in dire need of a left sided midfielder(how long have we been saying that for?) a right back, possibly a left back and another centre half, but i don't think we have the money available to get these problem areas fixed.

In my opinion we a re still short in 2 or 3positions. We are still in dire need of a left sided midfielder(how long have we been saying that for?) a right back, possibly a left back and another centre half, but i don't think we have the money available to get these problem areas fixed.

Re left midfield, has it not been suggested that Sionko is pretty effective there ? Also, against Linfield Burke played there and seemed to do ok.

Could it be that PLG will use Sionko and Burke as RM and LM and possibly rotate them between the 2 depending on how each is coping against their respective aopponent ?

Re left midfield, has it not been suggested that Sionko is pretty effective there ? Also, against Linfield Burke played there and seemed to do ok.

Could it be that PLG will use Sionko and Burke as RM and LM and possibly rotate them between the 2 depending on how each is coping against their respective aopponent ?

Although they can both play on the left, i dont think its either's preferred position. Rotating them sounds good and add Adam and a couple of the other youngsters in then i think it'll be an effective blend.

Although they can both play on the left, i dont think its either's preferred position. Rotating them sounds good and add Adam and a couple of the other youngsters in then i think it'll be an effective blend.

yeah, it isn't their preferred position, Burke was quoted last season as saying he wanted to make himself more versatile, this might be his chance. Obviously we would all prefer to have a natural LM in there (with Charlie Adam getting a couple he could very well get his chance) - I just think that if you have guys who might be comfortable playing there then I like the idea of rotating - if they aren't getting any change out of their respective opponents, switch them over and see if you can get more out of the other wing.

Also, big Dado looked in pretty good form playing out left at the end of the season so he MIGHT be another option.

Just thinking aloud, cut me some slack as my brain is fried having just played 90 mins of indoor footy in 90 degree heat and 100% humidity !

I'd like to see Adam given a run in the team to see what he can do. Originally I thought Sionko was a right winger, but I never knew much about him tbh, I suppose we shall see soon enough. The games in SA should give us some indication of tactics formations etc

I thought Clement was signed for Left midfield.

Also Charlie Adam might do a job there if Le Guen fancys him after his hatrick

Adam is now staying but actually played up front yesterday.

Clement is a central defensive midfielder but he, like Gavin Rae, Murray, Sionko, Adam and Stanger can play left midfield if required.

Must admit I'd prefer we did sign a genuine left midfield player though. In saying that, Ian Murray once told me that was his preferred position.