It official - Boruc is a Cunt

Players must not reveal undershirts that contain slogans or advertising. The basic compulsory slogans or advertising. The basic compulsory equipment must not contain any political, religious or personal statements.

A player removing his jersey to reveal slogans or advertising will be sanctioned by the competition organiser. The team of a player whose basic compulsory equipment contains political, religious or personal slogans or statements will be sanctioned by the competition organiser or by FIFA.

I believe "bless the pope" is a slogan and is definitely a religious statement. Rules are rules after all!

The manner in which he broke the rules doesn't bother me, but the fact he could get away without punishment does! But what a fud for doing that! appealing to the lowest common denominator in the all-inclusive, all-welcoming tim fan-base!

If that is the rule then there probably a case against him but i feel it will just give the childish dick a feel good factor. I don't want him feeling good so for me we just laugh at the poor chappy.

Thing is, even if no-one is offended, if he is not punished, it opens the door for players to wear t-shirts saying anything they like. And if Boruc feels we've not reacted enough, what will he wear next time to get a rise?

It's a poor precedent for the SPL to set if he doesn't get punished and opens the door for all sorts of controversy. It's far easier to ban all slogans than to argue about which are allowed and which aren't - hence the wisdom behind the FIFA directive.

I find it ironic that Celtic fans don't seem to see a problem with his t-shirt but complain when we play in a tangerine shirt... Or when Gazza plays the flute, or even when we put a tartan pattern in the grass.

Biggest hypocrites on Earth.

Thing is, even if no-one is offended, if he is not punished, it opens the door for players to wear t-shirts saying anything they like. And if Boruc feels we've not reacted enough, what will he wear next time to get a rise?

It's a poor precedent for the SPL to set if he doesn't get punished and opens the door for all sorts of controversy. It's far easier to ban all slogans than to argue about which are allowed and which aren't - hence the wisdom behind the FIFA directive.

I find it ironic that Celtic fans don't seem to see a problem with his t-shirt but complain when we play in a tangerine shirt... Or when Gazza plays the flute, or even when we put a tartan pattern in the grass.

Biggest hypocrites on Earth.

Agreed Cal.

God i am agreeing with everyone today it must be because i have a weeks holiday.:)

He done it just to wind us up, it failed but the thing that annoys me is the prick gets away with it time and time again... the more he does they think he's a legend celtic should get punished for his unprofessionalism and see what the fans say after that

my timmy m8 from college seems to think we are the bigots by thinking he's a prick for wearing the t-shirt. he just can't get it round his head that it doesn't annoy most bears it's the fact he wore it to wind us up, ok if he wore it the whole of the season showing his loyalty to his religon and wanting every one to know he's a bible basher then fair doos

wonder if he would have wore it if we won

He done it just to wind us up, it failed but the thing that annoys me is the prick gets away with it time and time again... the more he does they think he's a legend celtic should get punished for his unprofessionalism and see what the fans say after that

my timmy m8 from college seems to think we are the bigots by thinking he's a prick for wearing the t-shirt. he just can't get it round his head that it doesn't annoy most bears it's the fact he wore it to wind us up, ok if he wore it the whole of the season showing his loyalty to his religon and wanting every one to know he's a bible basher then fair doos

wonder if he would have wore it if we won

I think he probably would have as he thinks he is the bee's knee's

What gets me about this is his lack of respect for those he is 'representing'. For millions of Catholics around the world, the Pope is a figure of respect and love. I'm not into religion at all - Protestant, Jew, Muslim whatever, it makes no odds to me - but i firmly believe that everyone has a right to their beliefs as long as they don't harm anyone.

What Boruc did was take a figure who is worshipped by people the world over and use that to get a rise out of football fans - it has nothing to do with his religious beliefs at all. And that is what I find insulting about it - his lack of respect for the beliefs of others and, whilst it may not be the dictionary definition, isn't that exactly what bigotry is?