My father-in-law said, as Hemdani coolly slotted his penalty home last night:

"I'm surprised he didn't hit it backwards!"

I laughed but it was true. He was very poor last night and he doesn't seem to be the player he was last season in Europe, or even earlier this season. The biggest thing seems to be that he is so negative in the way that he plays. Hardly ever a forward pass and several times he thwarted some good attacking opportunities by not looking up.

I'm loathe to criticise given the fact we are through but so many times last night I was shouting at the TV because he was frustrating the hell out of me. Perhaps this is the role he is being asked to play by Smith but I'm not so sure that is the case.

What's other folks opinion on this?

It felt like every Rangers player passed the ball back all the time last night not just Hemdani.

Is your father-in-law Juffreys dad? Now I can see where Juffrey gets his witty humour from! :flipa:

It felt like every Rangers player passed the ball back all the time last night not just Hemdani.

Is your father-in-law Juffreys dad? Now I can see where Juffrey gets his witty humour from! :flipa:

Yip. But Hemdani was by far the worst. Particularly frustrating were the times when he passed backwards when there were better options in front of him. At times he put defenders under pressure because he shited out of playing a forward pass. Not good enough for a man of his ability.

I was bricking it when he stepped up to take the penalty tbh.

There were quite a few times last night where there was a chance to push forward and instead we played the ball backwards. I found it a bit disappointing at times, particularly when someone like Fergie and his talent, decided to go back instead of attacking.

But hey, we're in the final so what does it matter :)

It happened a few times that Davis was totally free on the right and both Hemdani and Fergie turned back into the busy area and were forced to pass the ball back.

I laughed but it was true. He was very poor last night and he doesn't seem to be the player he was last season in Europe, or even earlier this season. The biggest thing seems to be that he is so negative in the way that he plays. Hardly ever a forward pass and several times he thwarted some good attacking opportunities by not looking up.

I'm loathe to criticise given the fact we are through but so many times last night I was shouting at the TV because he was frustrating the hell out of me. Perhaps this is the role he is being asked to play by Smith but I'm not so sure that is the case.

That is quite funny! But i actually thought Hemdani didnt have a bad game. I thought he broke up play well a few times and played the easy pass.

When you think about it - he actually had nobody to pass it forward to as Darch was up on his own being marked by 4 defenders.

I said that to one of the lads too just as he was about to start his penalty run-up, his game is sideways or back to the goalie. So negative.

Horribly reminds me of a certain Neil Lennon !!!!

I said that to one of the lads too just as he was about to start his penalty run-up, his game is sideways or back to the goalie. So negative.

Horribly reminds me of a certain Neil Lennon !!!!

Funny thing is that is exactly how he played last year when everyone was gushing praise for him. :confused: