The madness and genius of crowds: last night versus Motherwell

you summed last night up to a tee mate. that is exactly how i and everyone around me felt at the game last night. i feared the worst going into the game and came out with a newfound belief that we could and would conquer all who came before us. as the big man said himself, "Let others come, we welcome the chase". bring it on i say, were more than ready.:rfc::box:

As Frankie says, best piece of writing I've read in a long time. An eloquent use of English for myself to aspire to.

Anyone who saw me at the Fiorentina game cannot argue that I don't do the following:

it seems to me frighteningly like common sense that if you are going to support your team, enjoy the madness of being in a crowd, you should make the most of it.

Going absolute berserk for the sake of a last minute corner. :o

But then I believe that it is part of the supporters job to drive the team forward throughout the game and give it your all as you expect the team to do. How can you berate the team for a poor performance if your own as a fan has been equally poor. Make the home advantage count for soemthing. :thup:

Great piece of writing. Reminded me of McIllvanney at his best.Compare that to the idiot who who writes a column for the Evening Tims - Peter Martin I think his name is. He's predicting a 2-0 win to Zenit and has predicted Gers to lose every time.

So have I, to be honest. :o

So have I, to be honest. :o

You arent the only one.

I had a go at the Mrs today - she has backed Rangers to win it at just over 2/1 - she backed Werder, Sporting and Fiorentina to put us out - wasn't happy when she told me she had backed Rangers !