Ascender - a real true blue

Guys,

I want to just bring your attention to one of our member's incredible generosity of the last few days. I know he'll be embarrassed by this post but I simply must make you aware of what he's done.

As you know trying to get hold of tickets for next week's match isn't the easiest of tasks. The price some touts are asking (supposedly fellow fans) are beyond the reach of most of us while my own circumstances meant I had no chance of a travel club/CCS ticket.

Nevertheless I was quite happy to go down with a few mates and enjoy the carnival atmosphere without actually attending the game.

However, step forward Ascender -a loyal Gersnet regular over the years and a guy who speaks a lot of sense on these forums. He had been brave enough to enter the UEFA ballot several months back and managed to get lucky through that draw. Unfortunately and sadly his own personal situation meant he wasn't able to go.

What a chance then for the guy to make himself a decent bit of money by cashing in on the tickets. We've all seen the prices online. But, no, this guy offered me the chance to buy then at face value. Incredible kindness from someone I've not even had the chance to meet off-line yet. I don't think I've ever felt more humbled.

So, next week when I head down to Manchester and take my seat (it's a beauty by the way - perfect centre of the West Stand) I'll not just be cheering the players when they take the field but taking a moment to think of just how selfless people can be when it comes to our football club.

We are the people indeed.

Ascender, I salute you. An absolute gentleman. :notworthy:

Ascender, I salute you. A absolute gentleman.

This was easy to copy and paste but the feeling behind it isn't mate.

I wish you both all the best and Frankie i don't think there is anyone on the Gersnet who grudges you it. Enjoy!

Ascender i hope your generosity is repaid some day.(i don't mean by Frankie but just in life):thup:

Just noticed. Frankie it is AN absolute gentleman, You are not worthy.Joke.