I reckon the jury is out on this guy. He started off playing his first 3 or 4 games for us really well but since then he hasn't hit anywhere near the standard that he did during those first few games for us.

I don't know if he'd be a worthwhile signing or not. He's been a useful player but can we not sign someone that is of a better standard?

As I said, the jusy is out om him right now.

Agreed.

He looked a real find at first but seems to have lost fitness, confidence and form (not sure in what order) in the last month or so.

Perhaps his consistency hasn't been helped with having to play on the right hand side then central then back to the right but I really expected more from the lad.

However, he's still young, has shown some excellent stuff and might be worth a gamble in the summer. No more than �£2million for me though and I doubt he'll want to come to the SPL anyway.

I was starting to think along these line. As you've said above, he started off well and I was beginning to think he was a real find but he's been a bit of a passanger in the last few games he's played. Is there anything in the fact he didn't play on Saturday? Or did he have a knock?

Obviously WS sees him in training and since he came back he's not done bad with the signings he's made so I'm confident The Gaffer will make the right decision.

Guest Hunter

Walter said he was resting him because of the amount of games he has played since he got here. It's probably for wednesday.

He isn't a player that stands around in a game, he runs he's socks off.....and i don't think we can really judge any of the players due to the amount of games they are being asked to play in such a short space of time. If we do manage to sign him at the end of the season.....he will be a great buy.

Do we really know his favourite position. Is it right midfield or centre midfield ??

I think he might be a good defensive midfielder if given the chance, he'd be good behind Thomson and Fergie maybe ?

If he was to play there the ball would at least go forward rather than back to the goalie like Dailly and Hemdani do !

Agreed, people were too quick to praise people but he has still shown what he can in the first few games so there is no reason why he cant play like that again.

Its like Hemdani, Excellent last season and everyone raves about him but then wants him punted because he has been poor so far.

Id still take Davis for about 2 million and for me his best position is a free role in the centre midfield to get forward and support the strikers.

I could see us pay 3M plus 1M in add ons or such like. He doesn't look worth it at the moment but unfortunately it's the going rate for a young Premiership player.

The good thing about buy from there is that you can usually get rid of them back down south if it doesn't work out - and sometimes make a profit.

Souness did that all the time.

Guy is playing out of position and played a huge amount of games in a short time. He's doing a job for the team in a position that isn't his natural position

I'd still take him in the summer, but only if the price is right