Summer 2008 Transfer Rumours Thread

Cant see Cousin going to the Championship. He is another talent but not much clubs coming in for him probably due to the attitude.

Maloney would be a good signing but he is more of a left sided player is he not? We have them in abundance for a change, although Id take Maloney over Adam anyday.

What cousin has been like at his last 2 clubs will be putting bigger teams off IMO, he has ability but again only shows it when he wants which also won't help his case. I can't see a big team buying him so maybe the Championship is the best he can hope for down south!

[quote name=Gribz

Maloney would be a good signing but he is more of a left sided player is he not? We have them in abundance for a change, although Id take Maloney over Adam anyday.[/quote]

See, this is what puzzles me. We have so many left-footers at Ibrox now (not a sectarian comment) that I reckon when the plane takes off for the CL qualifier, it'll be tilting to the left. Beasley, Adam,Thomson, Fleck,McCulloch (right-footed but plays on left),Lafferty,Naismith(mostly) - and I'm sure I've missed somebody obvious out. While on the right...Novo who's not really a winger and (ahem) Burke, who once promised to be Willie Henderson but is now more like Martin Henderson (who? Exactly.) Davis could play there, but we all know he's more comfortable in CM. The only other option is I believe Beasley,who could cut in on his left foot. But after that I'm struggling.

Surely the right footers who play on the left can easily be converted to right footers who play on the right.......

Maloney out right with Beasley out left woudl do just fine !

Surely the right footers who play on the left can easily be converted to right footers who play on the right.......

Maloney out right with Beasley out left woudl do just fine !

My point exactly

I guess the problem is that none of our current squad have made the wide positions their own and they're still up for grabs. I think this season will be an interesting one as it could be make or break for a few players depending on how they perform and rise to the challenge (or not) of keeping their place in the team or trying to win their place back.

The Maloney rumour has been around for a while and I'd certainly take him, but I can't see it happening.

ALAN GOW'S move to Norwich City stalled after the Canaries became the centre of take-over talk.

The Rangers hitman held negotiations with the Carrow Road club last week after a �£250,000 fee was agreed.

Gow returned without signing, but was impressed by boss Glenn Roeder and he is still waiting to hear back from Norwich on the details of a three-year deal.

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/display.var.2379311.0.canary_move_is_in_limbo_for_gow.php

ALAN GOW'S move to Norwich City stalled after the Canaries became the centre of take-over talk.

The Rangers hitman held negotiations with the Carrow Road club last week after a �£250,000 fee was agreed.

Gow returned without signing, but was impressed by boss Glenn Roeder and he is still waiting to hear back from Norwich on the details of a three-year deal.

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/display.var.2379311.0.canary_move_is_in_limbo_for_gow.php

So does this still make Gow greedy for asking for 100k to leave Rangers ? Gers paid nothing for him, get a fee of 250k for him after he just languished in the reserves. Surely if we are getting 250k profit from him then he should get a chunk of that to leave ?

If he was on, say, 7k a week then he got paid about 350k for the year just past.

If we then pay him a 100k termination fee (lets not forget that he could just sit around at Ibrox with his 7k a week - so a termination fee is mutually beneficial !) that takes the total cost for him to 450k.

We get 250k back, leaving Rangers net out of pocket of 200k, or 4k a week.

Personally in this day and age I dont think 4k a week is a bad salary for any player (from both player and club perspective).

He gets 100k and gets on with his career, Rangers get to bank 150k for a player that cost nothing and also free up the next 3 years of his wages.

Personally I think it is a win-win situation.