Kenny Miller - Deal Completed

I thought Miller always thumped his chest when he scored, regardless of what team he was playing for at the time?

Personally I think its a fairly low risk signing in that WS knows exactly what he's getting for his money, which also isn't much in today's terms. I've seen a lot of criticism about his goals to games ratio, but that doesn't tell the whole story. And its strange to see that stat trotted out when the same fans are then saying Boyd is lazy and we need players like JCD who will run themselves in to the ground for 90 minutes to open up space, drag defenders out of position etc for their fellow striker.

A wee bit of me thinks the reason most people don't want Miller is just because he's played for Celtic, pure & simple. The other reason is just an excuse to hide behind.

If we accept that he's a fairly similar player in terms of style to JCD and Cousin, then surely he's a good buy? He's not injury-prone like JCD and he's not a moody git like Cousin, so hopefully we'll get more from him.

I don't think our forward line is where we have problems really. If we sort out the midfield then I think any of our strikers will prosper this season.

All you doubters, NAME someone we could have got for the same money.

We can't say how much value clubs put on players especially down south.

But i'm sure there are better players out there for �£2m somewhere, that's what's scouts are meant to do and get paid for is it not??

Oh, so the money is the important factor here. Lets take any crap as long as they are as cheap as chips.

Personally i would rather have taken a 4-5 million pound chance on Steven Fletcher or another player with the potential to bring in a profit. I fear Miller will only keep decreasing in value while holding a high wage. Just my opinion.

Actually Miller has taken a cut from his 25k at Derby. No I wouldn't take 'any old crap.' Just think KM is not that bad value. You get sod all for 2 million nowadays. Not sure if Lafferty at 4 million would be better value; his scoring record is woeful. Agree with Fletcher though. We could still have him!

I thought Miller always thumped his chest when he scored, regardless of what team he was playing for at the time?

Personally I think its a fairly low risk signing in that WS knows exactly what he's getting for his money, which also isn't much in today's terms. I've seen a lot of criticism about his goals to games ratio, but that doesn't tell the whole story. And its strange to see that stat trotted out when the same fans are then saying Boyd is lazy and we need players like JCD who will run themselves in to the ground for 90 minutes to open up space, drag defenders out of position etc for their fellow striker.

A wee bit of me thinks the reason most people don't want Miller is just because he's played for Celtic, pure & simple. The other reason is just an excuse to hide behind.

If we accept that he's a fairly similar player in terms of style to JCD and Cousin, then surely he's a good buy? He's not injury-prone like JCD and he's not a moody git like Cousin, so hopefully we'll get more from him.

I don't think our forward line is where we have problems really. If we sort out the midfield then I think any of our strikers will prosper this season.

Yep. It's hypocrisy, pure and simple. The sub-text is that that they questioning the judgment of Walter and Ally. And if they want them out, who would come in? Billy Davies?

Yep. It's hypocrisy, pure and simple. The sub-text is that that they questioning the judgment of Walter and Ally. And if they want them out, who would come in? Billy Davies?

Is Billy Davies the only other manager in the world then?

Personally i have been questioning Walter Smiths Judgement since he was manager first time round. He cost us 10 in a row with his loyalty to players that just weren't good enough. I see no difference with what he is now doing. He is surrounding himself with players that are living in his small circle of knowledge. He only signed Cousin because he was recommended by Gerrard Houlier or Rafa Benitez. That in itself is no problem but it all fits into the same traits as he has in his football decisions,negative cautionary football.

There are a few managers in Holland i rate far higher than Smith but if i had to choose a Scottish manager then it would be Mark McGhee as he has a far more positive tactical brain. Leveign and Collins also have the qualities to be good managers imo.

I guess questioning Walters judgement makes me a bad Rangers supporter.:rolleyes:

The time now is time to get behind Kenny Miller, behind Walter & Ally and SUPPORT the team.

I don't think Kenny Miller is our answer - but you know what ? If he is played as Boyd's partner then I think goals will abound for us next season as he will create plenty of space for Boyd to bag plenty of goals.

We have been lacking a bit of energy up front when JCD has been injured and Boyd will give us that back. Plus, JCD's finishing isnt the greatest either - KM will be similar player for us but probably without being injury prone.

He could turn out to be a decent enough signing for us - but the fans need to support him - if the fans get on his back from the off then we are contributing to his failure - players, strikers especially, perform on confidence and if the fans get on his back straight away then confidence is one thing he wont get.

Give him a chance !!

The time now is time to get behind Kenny Miller, behind Walter & Ally and SUPPORT the team.

I don't think Kenny Miller is our answer - but you know what ? If he is played as Boyd's partner then I think goals will abound for us next season as he will create plenty of space for Boyd to bag plenty of goals.

We have been lacking a bit of energy up front when JCD has been injured and Boyd will give us that back. Plus, JCD's finishing isnt the greatest either - KM will be similar player for us but probably without being injury prone.

He could turn out to be a decent enough signing for us - but the fans need to support him - if the fans get on his back from the off then we are contributing to his failure - players, strikers especially, perform on confidence and if the fans get on his back straight away then confidence is one thing he wont get.

Give him a chance !!

I am surprised so many of you are bringing Boyd into the equation. Why are we being linked with so many other strikers if Boyd is going to be utilised:confused: .

Give him a chance !!

I am of the same way of thinking here Craig,unfortunately i'm not so sure that this will happen,I actually fear what kind of response Miller will get,and you can be rest assured the first bad game he has he will get slaughtered,I hope i'm wrong !!!!!!!!

Enough is enough. He's here and he'll do as good a job as Darche, if not better because he's fitter. I didn't want him here and I've ranted elsewhere on this forum about the state of our "scouting network" but I'll be singing "One Kenny Miller" come the first home game of the season. Anyone who finds that goes against the grain can fuck off out of Ibrox as far as I'm concerned.