Kenny Miller - Deal Completed

Is Billy Davies the only other manager in the world then?

Personally i have been questioning Walter Smiths Judgement since he wasI guess questioning Walters judgement makes me a bad Rangers supporter.:rolleyes:

Nope, it doesn't. Just don't think there are too many good managers out there who would want the job. And if Miller is reviled by some supporters because of his Celtic connections, what reception would Collins and McGhee get?

Nope, it doesn't. Just don't think there are too many good managers out there who would want the job. And if Miller is reviled by some supporters because of his Celtic connections, what reception would Collins and McGhee get?

I do not think the Celtic connection is the big grievance with most supporters.

Most people just do not think he is good enough.

The fact that he played for Rangers and then pumped the Celtic badge made some feel he was a traitor. I think a player who had only played for Celtic as say Maloney would be accepted by most supporters. There are always some who would rock the boat.

Most managers would jump at the Rangers job unless they are linked with one of the top jobs.

I am not so sure Pete. I have a sneaking suspicion that many Rangers supporters (not all obviously) are hiding behind the "he isn't good enough" argument but privately dont want him back because he played for the Tims and because of his badge pumping.

I see what you are saying about the "traitor" comment - but this part I just don't get. If we had managed to get Larsson would we have wanted him to score for us and then just trot back to the centre circle and not celebrate ?

I dont mind his wild celebrations in the least - to me it shows he WANTS to do well, regardless of the club he is playing for. I want our players to show pride and passion and it seems Miller has it.

He isnt stupid either, he already knows he is not wanted - so he must have faith in himself doing the job to take it on - he is brave if nothing else.

Now that he has signed he gets my support - I never could give a shit about the badge pumping, and still dont. If he scores a 90th minute winner against the Tims in his first OF game this bear will be as happy as if the winner were scored by any other member of the squad !

I am not so sure Pete. I have a sneaking suspicion that many Rangers supporters (not all obviously) are hiding behind the "he isn't good enough" argument but privately dont want him back because he played for the Tims and because of his badge pumping.

!

Totally agree Craig. The badge pumping for me is irrelivent, in fact it shows he cared about scoring for his club at the time, but some are taking it as if he was giving us the big middle finger.

Also, the OF dont accept players crossing the devide due to pettyness and its against the norm. The sooner more players start to cross the divide the more people wont give a toss.

Id be happy if we went in to get Scott Brown from them - direct.

Totally agree. There was a telling poll on FF a couple of weeks back when we were linked with McGeady, one of those "do you want him" and many of the replies were along the lines of "no, because he's a Tim, we don't want him or Miller" etc.

Time to get off your high horse mate. You have no right to judge who is Rangers class and who isn't Rangers class. I seem to remember pages and pages of anti-PLG posts from you. The difference is you write three pages which virtually meant the same as the three words being used on here. People are understandably angry at this move\signing. You say you don't support individual players but the club. Well hey maybe people are making these statements for the love of the club and see this move as a downward spiral. In time the dust will settle and people will get behind the team as ever but every supporter has a right to an opinion. You may think that your opinion makes you the best supporter in the world but if there were only head-nodders and yes men, then life would keep going down one road be it the good or the bad road. Maybe you should take your, i love me blinkers off and understand that this signing has thrown up the desert sand. A lack of understanding is also a negative point.

If people have the right to judge which players are Rangers class then surely I've got the the right to judge which supporters are Rangers class?

To me, I can't respect someone who would stop supporting their favourite club just because of the signing of a player they didn't like. At the risk of being on a high horse, I think it's childish and doesn't say much for loyalty.

I may have slagged off PLG but one thing I never did was stop supporting Rangers because he was there. I also had a lot more justification as I was slagging off his actual performance as a manager, not just my personal prediction of how he would perform in the future.

What got to me about PLG is that his results were rank but he refused to acknowledge anything was wrong even though it was obvious and continued to make the same mistakes because his ego was too large. This ego-trip was damaging to the club I support so I wanted him to shape up or ship out.

Kenny Miller hasn't even kicked a ball yet so how can he really be judged so strongly? He won't be the player with the best pedigree we have signed but nor does he look like he'll be anywhere near the worst. In fact his past success has probably been well above average for players we have signed.

Despite not winning the league, I think WS has done enough for us to warrant a reasonable amount of respect and enough to qualify him for backing for one more season. He thinks he can turn Miller into a good player for us and the player himself must have a lot of belief as he obviously knows the fans don't think he's good enough and he'll have to win us over. In fact that itself could bring the very best out of him as he's choosing to rise to the challenge.

Everyone has a right to their opinion but that includes me. I think it's obvious I'm not a head nodder but when I see hysterical nonsense without much foundation, why can't I point it out?

Semantically I don't think I've disparaged a single Rangers supporter. The ones I've slagged off say they no longer support Rangers so I'm actually judging non-Rangers fans.

I'm of the opinion that a fan has to take the bad with the good and stay loyal, otherwise they are by definition not a fan - just someone with a passing interest in a team and maybe I'm a bit harsh on those kind of people, but when they act childishly about the club I'm fanatical about, it winds me up. I hate that, "if you don't do it my way, then I'm not playing" attitude.

When anyone says they don't want to support Rangers anymore, then my attitude is, "good riddance" and I don't think I'm the only one.

Got to agree with you Craig - no other mediocre signing has received such overwhelming criticism.

Im with Calscot and Craig on this.

Miller hasnt even kicked a ball yet and is pre judged.

Anyone who wants Smith out needs a bit of a reality check going back 16 months. He may not be in Arsene Wengers league of style of play but he certainly picked us up and we are actually on schedule to get where we want to be again. Last season his over achieving put people on a bandwagon to get him out. But when you think about it the target was actually to just challenge again.

It is this seaosn coming where he HAS to deliver the league title, so my reservations on WS will be made at the end of this coming season.

I'm prepared, and entitled, to judge Miller. I will never accept him after his rabid badge thumping with that green and grey rag on his back, and I see this as reasonable justification. If you ever needed a definition of a football mercenary then it is Kenny Miller. He knows full well that he will not be welcomed by the fans but the money in his pocket will allow him to ignore that. I also think his performances do nothing to assuage these feeling, in the way that could at least be said of Mojo. Take these two things together and you have the reason why many fans just won't put up with this.

Where do you draw the line in your own particular patch of sand? When does the club go that little bit too far? When is blind loyalty just not enough?

I'm prepared, and entitled, to judge Miller. I will never accept him after his rabid badge thumping with that green and grey rag on his back, and I see this as reasonable justification. If you ever needed a definition of a football mercenary then it is Kenny Miller. He knows full well that he will not be welcomed by the fans but the money in his pocket will allow him to ignore that. I also think his performances do nothing to assuage these feeling, in the way that could at least be said of Mojo. Take these two things together and you have the reason why many fans just won't put up with this.

Where do you draw the line in your own particular patch of sand? When does the club go that little bit too far? When is blind loyalty just not enough?

This is not the reason for me, I just don't think he's good enough. IMO mojo was far worse for an ex tim signing for us, again IMHO if this is the only reason people don't want him to sign then they need to look at themselves sorry.....

And for the money situation you have to look after yourself and your family which he is doing IMO.....I'm sure there are plenty of others who would do the same, even though the majority of Rangers fans would say otherwise. Until you are in that situation you never know.

If smith and Ally are here for a while then so will KM, our fans better get used it he won't go away just like that!!!