I think all income from player sales should be put into Walter's budget as a well run club should be able to take care of its finances without selling players.

Most definitely. In the current climate and given historical spending at our club, now more than ever, we need to be fiscally prudent BUT..... we still need to invest in the squad. Our regular income regardless of European competition and player sales SHOULD be more than sufficient to cover all expenditure.

This should, normally, leave us in the position of being able to spend ALL player sales income and, if needed, some of the European cash. The remainder of the European cash could be used to reduce debt.

I use the word SHOULD on purpose as this hasnt been the way we have spent in the past.

Some of the problem in the past 5 years is we have had AWFUL players at the club that couldn't be given away ! Amazing that WS has come in and made Hutton into the player he is (he undoutbedly improved under WS) and WS has also unearthed an 8 figure gem in Cuellar - paying just over 2 mill for Cuellar is fantastic business in the current transfer market climate. If we sold him on for 12 mill that is huge profit (profit I would rather NOT see us make to be honest - we should be building our team around him !).

So one thing WS has done, to a large extent, is bring in players who have re-sale value - even Cousin was looking at leaving for profit !

I actually rate Whittaker and thought he had a pretty good season for his debut one. Hutton was always going to be an impossible player to replace. The fact Whittaker has the versatility to come in and play RB, LB and RM (even LM) is a huge asset to the team.

Im hoping Whittaker gets a run at RB but cant see it. I think he will be in WS plans as a midfielder next season and cover for full back.

With the midfield hopefully having less walking wounded, I can see Whittaker being settled into the right back role.

I can also see Walter looking for a right winger as we only really have Davis and Novo for that position - apart from Whittaker, and Beasley on the wrong side.