I just read the first sentence of thst story and it looks to me like scare-mongering at best.

The Hutton money came in January, a full 6 months after SDM sanctioned 11 mill spending. Now, if SDM has said WS can spend the same amount this year than that, to me at least, would suggest the 11 million and not the NET 2 million after Hutton income.

And to top it off they make a comparison between us and the Tims which no-one has any idea about. IMO both sides of the OF will spend similar amounts of money this pre-season - but the Mirror are trying to make us look like the poor relation - I can't see it happening.

Scaremongering !

It's bullshit. We offered �£5m for that Caracciolo guy at the end of january. Don't listen to the mhedia. I doubt much will happen until after the euros. Not that we'll be after anyone playing there, it's just the way it goes when there's a tournament in the summer. Martin Bain said a couple of weeks ago we'll be bringing in quality. Patience!!!

I think we defo need a rb next season we dont have quality or pace in there and if we were to spend 2 or 3 mil on a decent rb with pace, good crosser of the ball and definsively good aswell it would see us push on next season. I am not gonae come on here and start slating players but kirk broadfoot is just not rangers class, fair enough he is a natural cb but i still couldnt see him cutting in there either, he is a big tryer but just not got the abilty for us.

If we get a rb an attacking midfielder with a bit of something different that could constantly supply big boydy and another striker we will be laughing next season.

WE ARE THE PEOPLE!

I think we defo need a rb next season we dont have quality or pace in there and if we were to spend 2 or 3 mil on a decent rb with pace, good crosser of the ball and definsively good aswell it would see us push on next season. I am not gonae come on here and start slating players but kirk broadfoot is just not rangers class, fair enough he is a natural cb but i still couldnt see him cutting in there either, he is a big tryer but just not got the abilty for us.

If we get a rb an attacking midfielder with a bit of something different that could constantly supply big boydy and another striker we will be laughing next season.

WE ARE THE PEOPLE!

So what happens to Whittaker?

I actually rate Whittaker and thought he had a pretty good season for his debut one. Hutton was always going to be an impossible player to replace. The fact Whittaker has the versatility to come in and play RB, LB and RM (even LM) is a huge asset to the team.

I actually rate Whittaker and thought he had a pretty good season for his debut one. Hutton was always going to be an impossible player to replace. The fact Whittaker has the versatility to come in and play RB, LB and RM (even LM) is a huge asset to the team.

I agree. Give him time, like we gave hutton, at right back and he could be great.

We haven't made a �£30m profit though.

True, the money is gross and there are many additional costs to add. We still made bugger all when we got to the last 16 in the CL.

Besides, without the Euro money, we make a multi million pound loss...

Then there's the payments for Hutton - they are usually phased and he and his agent take a big cut.

Our debt from last year using a simplistic view, started at 16M before we spent a net 10.5M - over 26M debt is too high to sustain over a long period and needs to be reduced to a more manageable level when possible.

So I'm hoping we can spend about a net 10M in the summer while reducing our debt to under 20M.

I think SDM has got his appetite back after watching us go for the quadruple and also sees the potential income from a good European season. He should see that we need to speculate to accumulate and the league is also even more important next season.

We're still rebuilding and it's obvious that decent investment in the playing squad is necessary right now. We've basically had a windfall from the Hutton sale as well as from Sebo, and we have to reinvest every penny on players.

I think all income from player sales should be put into Walter's budget as a well run club should be able to take care of its finances without selling players.

In the last twelve months, Smith has spent �£11m but has also balanced the transfer budget books by selling Scotland full-back Alan Hutton to Tottenham Hotspur for �£9m halfway through the campaign.

Now, according to chairman Sir David Murray, the same sort of cash will be made available to the Ibrox boss this time around.

Which means, unless he sells some of his best players, Smith will be unable to splash out more than �£3m at the very most.

Am I the only one who doesn't understand this?

They seem to be saying:

Smith spend 11M last season. SDM says he'll have the same to spend. That means he'll have 3M????

Seems to me, SDM is saying he'll have 11M.