After the longest season I or anyone else can remember, I can honestly say that I am not yet missing the football one bit.

Normally by about this time after the season ends I am already getting bored with no game to look forward to or just been to, but the run-in to the end of last season was exhausting.

I suppose I would be feeling a bit better about things had the season ended better for us, and I am still bitter about losing to Zenit in the biggest Rangers game I have been to in my life but I am quite enjoying no games to go to at the moment.

I also make sure I avoid the papers during the silly season when we are linked with so many different players who wont end up at Ibrox. I take the approach that only when I get the official text from Rangers that a player has signed do I believe it, and this keeps the blood from boiling at some of the rubbish that is written in a desperate attempt to continue to sell papers when there is nothing genuine to say.

Having just joined the forum here today can I say hello hello to all the bears and bearettes on here and hope to have many good discussions about the Rangers in the future.

I am missing it I have to say - but being 3500 miles away and not being embroiled in it to the same extent as you guys there is still a freshness. Looking forward to Euro 08 and taping the games.

Welcome aboard, you will enjoy it here I have no doubts !

Fair enough, absence makes the heart grow fonder etc I can understand. 67 games in 43 weeks in 9 different countries was my final total for 07-08 so no wonder I am not missing it yet. My wallet is certainly not missing it that is for sure. It has cost over �£4000 just on tickets and transport for me and another �£1000 to take my 12 year old boy to all home domestic games, about half a dozen away league games, all cis and scottish cup ties plus lisbon and manchester away in Europe. And that is without a pie or a beer (I am known to be quite fond of both!)

Thanks for the welcome and it is always nice to discuss the Rangers with like minded bears. I have been posting infrequently for years on FF (WestEncRanger) and more recently on RangersMedia and am finding that boards like this and RM a breath of fresh air to the clique driven politics too often sadly shown on FF.

So like it or not :) , I will probably be popping in for a chat and to keep updated with what is going on.

If you need anything, dont hesitate to ask.

I'm a bit skint, any chance of �£250 till payday??

Welcome on board, the more the merrier. As for the footie, I missed like mad on Saturday! Totally messed with my routine! Cannae wait till the Euros kick off.

Welcome mate.

Even although i am in the middle of the Dutch orange party,Scotland just missing out has really deflated me. Personally the old saying of the higher you climb the harder you fall has hit me with both Rangers and Scotland this year.

I don't think any countries are crazier than the Dutch when it comes to a big tournament. Whole streets disappear in seas of orange. Houses are draped in orange tarpaulins, some people even paint their houses orange.

I just can't get into the the Euro madness and to be honest doubt if i will be watching many games. Maybe once it starts i will get exited about it.

Welcome to the boards mate, as Jon said if you need anything then ask Jon :)

TBH Im looking forward to Euro 08, i enjoy that more than the world cup with the exception of not seeing Argentina who were awesome last world cup.

But last saturday I was ready to get the Sky sports card up on the internet. A wee break will do us all good to get us ready for next season.

Welcome to the forum.

I totally agree. I've not missed any home league games this season, and took in my 6 allocated away games. I went to every CIS and Scottish Cup home game plus semis and finals and I went to the UEFA Final in Manchester. By the time I got back home from Pittodrie on the last night (approx 0130am) I felt physically and mentally exhausted from all the stresses of the season. It felt great last Saturday to not have any football to worry about, I was in really high spirits and the weather was fantastic.

I'm sure in a few weeks the excitement will build as the new season approaches and the new signings are unveiled but at the moment I don't miss it one bit.