Euro 08 Official Thread

Quite a tournament really, only the two 0-0 draws that I can remember. We saw a flambouyant Dutch side rip apart the Italians & French and maybe peaked too early, a clueless France run out of ideas nad older players retire, a Germany side somehow scramble their way through to the final with pure brute strength, a Portugal side full of flair but not quite, a Russian side with plenty of future promise and then there was Spain. Quite a team, total football with lots more to offer aswell in the future.

Who knows, maybe one day they will call on King Carlos !! Yes King Carlos, a player who could walk into a Scotland team but not even be needed for a Spanish squad of 26. Quite frightening really the depth of Spain's squad !!

Agree Steve, they deserved there win, no doubt about it, the stats were shockingly in their favour, yet you still thought at 1-0 the german cnuts may sneak one!

Anyway, ya ignorant fooker.....where's my txt reply from earlier ;)

Agree Steve, they deserved there win, no doubt about it, the stats were shockingly in their favour, yet you still thought at 1-0 the german cnuts may sneak one!

Anyway, ya ignorant fooker.....where's my txt reply from earlier ;)

My phone's in the car, cheers for bringing that to my attention, I've probably missed rakes of messages !!

Yeah Spain were the best team there overall. The Dutch were great in the group stages but disappeared in the quarter finals when it counted.

Turkey should get a mention aswell, they possibly deserved to be in the final ahead of Germany.

But finally Spain answer there underachievers tag - Which leaves England as the only underachievers in world football now :flipa: