Guest wailive2002

Barry has been played out of position for nearly whole season. He cant play that position behind the striker cause he doesnt get involved. His best position is when he comes deep to pick up ball to start attacks and then making those late runs into the box. I agree with most of you's when you say he is inconsistent but we have seen what he can do when he is in form. We cant leave him out....

Barry has been played out of position for nearly whole season. He cant play that position behind the striker cause he doesnt get involved. His best position is when he comes deep to pick up ball to start attacks and then making those late runs into the box. I agree with most of you's when you say he is inconsistent but we have seen what he can do when he is in form. We cant leave him out....

I agree with this but if he does play a deeper role there is not need for him, Thomson, Dailly and Hemdani to all be playing.

A system has to be made by WS to get BF back into that role but he needs a creative attack minded central player to accomodate BF in that role.

Guest enigmablue

Barry is immense on his game but in recent seasons how many times have you seen him take on an entire midfield/defence with little supporting options. Sometimes its like his brain ticks a little too fast for some of our attackers (or the fact that half our attackers are a bunch of lazy bassas!!).

Overall, I feel that BF should stay but what we really need is a creative midfielder who makes him look average....remember the link up play through Ronald De Boer in the treble season. BF was awesome and scoring goals for fun but RDB made it all happen. We need someone to help share the burden of playing with some pretty average players.

Playing devil's advocate, if we don't go down the route of giving him some quality support then it wouldn't be the end of the world if he moved on. Thomson is more than capable of emulating Barry's career achievements to date given time.

I know all the talk is of Cuellar, McGregor etc going but if we are indeed needing to balance the books then Thommo might find his Gers career short lived if we get a $4/5 million offer during the summer. I think that would be a shame but BF does have a certain invicibility factor at Ibrox (as PLG found out) and Walter may decide that others could continue (e.g Hemdani) in the short term playing alongside BF.

Davis for me isn't the answer. I like him and enjoy watching him when he's on his game but at the price quoted and from what i've seen i feel we need someone with a little more....pzazz!!!

The Fergie/Thomson situation is a bit like the Gerrard/Lampard thing. If we play them both, then we must accept we play with one up front in a 4-2-3-1 a la the Dutch. Fergie and Thomson are the 2 'sitters', then the 3 in midfield can be creative and wide left and right. BUT - and it's a big but - what do we do with all those strikers? The likeliest one up front is I think Velicka or,dare I say it, Miller.

The Fergie/Thomson situation is a bit like the Gerrard/Lampard thing. If we play them both, then we must accept we play with one up front in a 4-2-3-1 a la the Dutch. Fergie and Thomson are the 2 'sitters', then the 3 in midfield can be creative and wide left and right. BUT - and it's a big but - what do we do with all those strikers? The likeliest one up front is I think Velicka or,dare I say it, Miller.

Depends whether you want the headless chicken, the Lithuanian goat, the French cocks or the Scottish koo.(just kidding.!!!):devil: