Whats the opinion on our captain then?

Ive bo doubt about his commitment to Rangers, he is a blue thru and thru but IMO since coming back in 2004 and being handed the captaincy its made him a worse player.

On his day he is easily the best player on the park - and that can be on any stage - but IMO he has become far too inconsistant and is getting a game on reputation over fitness/form.

For me he is now in last chance saloon. If he doesnt take this season by the scrub of the neck then its time for him to move on.

The other problem for him and probably his main problem, is working out his best position. He is no way a midfielder who can support the front man. He is quiet creative and can spread a pass or two but having a De Boer player defintaly complemented him.

Come on Barry!! Ship up or ship out.

Whats the opinion on our captain then?

Ive bo doubt about his commitment to Rangers, he is a blue thru and thru but IMO since coming back in 2004 and being handed the captaincy its made him a worse player.

On his day he is easily the best player on the park - and that can be on any stage - but IMO he has become far too inconsistant and is getting a game on reputation over fitness/form.

For me he is now in last chance saloon. If he doesnt take this season by the scrub of the neck then its time for him to move on.

The other problem for him and probably his main problem, is working out his best position. He is no way a midfielder who can support the front man. He is quiet creative and can spread a pass or two but having a De Boer player defintaly complemented him.

Come on Barry!! Ship up or ship out.

I agree 100% mate.

I've been saying that the only reason i want us to sign Stephen Davis is if he is going to be played through the middle. If this means fergie has to sit it out, i aint gonna lose sleep.

I'm praying that we don't sign Davis to play him wide right cause he's pish out there and its a fookin waste!!

I can't see how anyone can disagree with those sentiments. I've been pretty harsh with my criticism of Barry, but he has to stand up and be counted in the big games and he doesn't do it. As far as I'm concerned he's had enough chances.

Guest LOCUTUS

The guy played half a season carrying an injury , and not for the first time , to help the team .Are you honestly going to tell me that if you where in the same position as Barry that you would do any differant ? He is just a supporter that happens to play for the club . He gets it right more often than he gets it wrong and bursts a gut for the club . Ok he has his faults but why so many people are so quick to try and put him and other scottish players who play for us down at every chance is quite frankly beyond me . What happened to supporting the guys in the jerseys ? maybe it would be a differant story had we won the Quad or the treble though.

I am sick of hearing this 'carrying an injury' pish. He's either fit or he isn't. If he goes onto the pitch, he has said he is fit enough to play and should be judged as a fit player is judged. If he isn't then he should go and get treatment and come back when he can contribute to the team.

I am sick of hearing this 'carrying an injury' pish. He's either fit or he isn't. If he goes onto the pitch, he has said he is fit enough to play and should be judged as a fit player is judged. If he isn't then he should go and get treatment and come back when he can contribute to the team.

completely agree Juff - the injury thing is being used as an excuse.

If he is injured then

1) He should tell the management he is injured and shouldn't play OR

2) The management should know from the medics that he shouldn't play AND

3) He should be replaced with a player who is fit and can give everything

If he can't be replaced then the management team are not doing their job in ensuring each player has a suitable replacement.

I think with age he may be asked to play more of a holding role. Perhaps allowing someone else to do the forward support, look what Kevin Thomson did against Celtic, a great one-two and a great finish.

We would be a poorer side without Barry Ferguson - as for him standing up and being counted, that is true of not only Barry, but those around him. Football is a team game and we need all 11 delivering consistantly,

Cammy F

Guest LOCUTUS

Well taking that " logic " further we would have had only four of the starting eleven available in the eufa final and would have been playing reserve and under eighteen players for most the last quarter of the season . We would have won the league cup and been out of everything else by March. Every player plays with an injury at some point , had you ever played sport at any decent level you would know this . I am not a Barry Ferguson appologist and I agree that there were a lot of times when he should have not been played or been subbed but give credit where it is due. Are you honestly going to tell me that if you got the chance to play for Rangers, who really needed you , but were carrying a slight knock you would no ?