Decent game and the Russians have played really well. Can see Pavlyuchenko moving to the EPL, Serie A or La Liga this season, although there is lots of money in Russia too these days.

But does anyone know if that decision by the ref on not sending Kolodin off was the correct one. I know that he changed his mind that the ball had gone out for a goal-kick but does that mean the player shouldn't be booked ?

Logic would say that in effect the foul never took place as the ball was out of place but I am sure we could think of instances where a change in the decision would not result in a reversal of a yellow or red card.

EDIT : To be fair, even if it were a foul, I don't think it was a yellow card, not much in it.

We've just finished watching the game, 3 of us wanting the Dutch to win and have done since pre-tournament, the other two wanting the Russians to for the night.

Can't complain at all though really, the better, far better team won tonight.

Certainly the best I've seen the Russians play and worst the Dutch play, in the EC so far.

Very disappointed with Holland, but how good was Arshavin! That's me picked winners in zero out of three quarter finals! If anyone is looking for a tip, I've gone for Spain tomorrow so stick your house on the Italians!

Has anyone else noticed that the 3 teams throgh so far were the teams that had to play hard games with their first choice players in the 3rd group games? Possibly momentum and consistency of selection is more important than giving players a rest.

And well done to Boularouz(sp?) for playing tonight after losing his daughter on Wednesday. Don't think there are many that could have done that.

We've just finished watching the game, 3 of us wanting the Dutch to win and have done since pre-tournament, the other two wanting the Russians to for the night.

Can't complain at all though really, the better, far better team won tonight.

Certainly the best I've seen the Russians play and worst the Dutch play, in the EC so far.

Work is tough eh ??

To think the Russians are missing their top two strikers aswell, Aleksandr Kerzhakov and Pavel Pogrebnyak (Zenit's big guy)

Decent game and the Russians have played really well. Can see Pavlyuchenko moving to the EPL, Serie A or La Liga this season, although there is lots of money in Russia too these days.

But does anyone know if that decision by the ref on not sending Kolodin off was the correct one. I know that he changed his mind that the ball had gone out for a goal-kick but does that mean the player shouldn't be booked ?

Logic would say that in effect the foul never took place as the ball was out of place but I am sure we could think of instances where a change in the decision would not result in a reversal of a yellow or red card.

EDIT : To be fair, even if it were a foul, I don't think it was a yellow card, not much in it.

Decent game,the Russians played well,but I can't help thinking it was because the Dutch were poor.

Don't know the rules,but IMO the booking should have stood,you play to the whistle,and I think it was the linesman who flagged after the booking had been given !!!!,but I agree on seeing the replay there was nothing in it,still should have counted though

The Dutch benefited from a weird rule, offside decision goal in the first game so i guess this evens things up. This has brought the Dutch down to earth with a bang.

Russia were by far the better team and for me a tribute to Gus Hiddink who has now taken 4 countries into the 1\4 finals. I now hope for him that Russia win it.

It might be a good thing for the authorities that the Dutch are out as i think a Dutch final would have caused havoc with supporters turning up. Yesterday was estimated at 100.000 plus but even in my small social ring many were going to head for the final. I think it would have made the 130.000 official Rangers crowd in Manchester look like a nursery class.