So far, the signings show us what?

We have signed 3 new strikers. Does anyone think that so far that is what we need to strengthen the team?

And what do you feel we need to get us up to "Championship" winning levels.

I think what we need to win the league is a better standard of "Starting" players who can go straight into the XI. We have had too much squad players who dont make much more of an impact from those who are already there.

We also need to get consistancy about the formation and get it working. We need to stop reshuffling players around and playing them out of position.

Im happy with signing Miller and Velicka. I think they will score goals for us aswell as do more in the final 3rd as a team. My Gordon Durie is out on Lafferty as I havent seen him. But we seem to have a few more attacking players in plus Beasley back.

If we can get 1 more midfielder plus a creative player I think we are on the way.

I think we need a good CH. Another year of Davie Weir means defending on our own 16mtr box. I would rather we pushed further up the field. We do have Webster,Broadfoot and Papac but if they are the answer to our problems throws up a big Question mark for me. As in Broadfoot if the RB position had not opened up for him then i think he would be sitting beside Gow at this time.

Rob Jones of Hibs? Not sure of his speed over the ground but certainly good defensively and powerful in the air.

Two midfielders, one play-maker and one attacking.

I don't think it will happen but i would love Papac to move to CH and play as good as he did as at LB. Smith to return at LB and hit his old form. Whitteker to move to right back and become a great attacking back even better than Hutten.

I would drop our interest in Davis and go for Fletcher(Man u), or really go wild and bring in both. Yes that it BOTH.

Beasley to play on the left and have an injury free season.

As i have lost myself i will put it on paper.

---------------McGregor-----------------

Whitteker-------Carlos------Jones\Papac\Webster------Smith

-------------Thomson---------Fletcher--------

Novo--------------------------------------------------Beasley

--------------Velicka---------------Miller-----

---------------McGregor-----------------

Whitteker-------Carlos------Jones\Papac\Webster------Smith

-------------Davis---------Fletcher--------Thomson

Novo\Beasley--------------Velicka---------------Miller-----

Of course Fletcher's name will be Fergie's but i would have no problem with a midfield of Fletcher---Fergie---Thomson.

No Boyd Pete? ;)

I honestly don't see Boyd being at Ibrox next year as i think all the" Boyd will be my main man next year" talk, is just to bump up his price.

I could be wrong but i doubt it.

I would of course bring him on after we are 2 up against St Mirren and such so as he can score his 25 goals.:P;)

I also think these secret training sessions that are going to turn him into a super striker are a load of crap. Yes you can improve someone but the basics have to be there in the first place and Boyd will never become a ball holding striker.

Id rather a goal scoring striker than a ball holding one every time!

IF, Kris Boyd is here next season, who will score more goals, Boyd (who is fat, unfit, no use etc) or Kenny Miller, someone who can hold the ball up and run himself into the ground?

goal scoring striker and a good striking partner who can hold the ball up work harder and create chances as well as scoring lol and a midfield that can create plenty of chances for them both, i thought football was about having a team of different styles of players so they all compliment each other......a whole team of hard workers will only get you so far.......

goal scoring striker and a good striking partner who can hold the ball up work harder and create chances as well as scoring lol and a midfield that can create plenty of chances for them both, i thought football was about having a team of different styles of players so they all compliment each other......a whole team of hard workers will only get you so far.......

so they all compliment each other

That hits the nail on the head Boyd only compliments himself.

a whole team of hard workers will only get you so far

Sorry Johnny you are 15 years behind on that one.

Look at the work rate of all the top teams strikers in closing down players.

ie: Rooney, Van Nistelrooy, Ronaldo etc.

Man u and Barcelona would bite their arms off for a 25 goal striker. So why are they not after Boyd?

Must admit I don't have a clue how we're going to play next season.

I think it's pretty obvious we're still short of a few players while others will go. As such, we can't really make an informed judgement until August.