So far, the signings show us what?

The transfer window has a long way to go and you'd think it would be gratifying that we'd already spend 6M on three players.

We also seem to be tying up players whom we don't want to leave.

If we hadn't signed anyone yet and not made efforts to keep MacGregor, Cuellar, Webster et al, then we'd be arguing over how much money we were going to spend if any at all.

It maybe says something about the signings, that we are not excited by them, but part of the problem is that they are all in the one area and we all feel we desperately need more quality in defence and midfield.

I think it's going to be a long summer and I agree with Frankie that we can't really assess the squad until the window has closed.

One other thing to note is that WS has openly admitted that one thing we lacked last year was creativity. Given we have not signed a creative/flair player one can only assume that this type of player is still someone that we are looking for.

There will, no doubt, be more signings ahead - don't forget that the official transfer window hasn't even opened yet !

As a season ticket holder for the last 5 years, the signings so far do absolutley nothing for me.

Besides that waste of space Miller, Velicka may not be bad - as a squad player - but why are we buying a guy in Lafferty who has only scored something like 11 goals in 50 games?.....and for 3Million!!

I know he's a rangers man, but at the level of Burnley, if he's worth that he should be scoring at least 1 in 2 games.

As was mentioned earlier in the post - we need QUALITY, we have a pretty big squad, so numbers are not a problem, but as it was plain to see for anyone in Manchester, we had no invention, no quality.

We cant just fight and drag our way through another season, as its getting boring:sleep:

Why are guys critising Lafferty before they have seen him play. i have done alot of burnley games through my work last year and i believe this guy has potential and decent, he wont be a 1st team starter but he will offer alot more than mcCulloch and adam on the left and he pretty decent up front as a target man.

lay off the kid :)

Why are guys critising Lafferty before they have seen him play. i have done alot of burnley games through my work last year and i believe this guy has potential and decent, he wont be a 1st team starter but he will offer alot more than mcCulloch and adam on the left and he pretty decent up front as a target man.

Agree lets wait until Walter doesn't give him a chance before we criticise.;)

If he wont be a starter then 3million+ is quite a fee!! That should have been put into a certain first team starter

If he wont be a starter then 3million+ is quite a fee!! That should have been put into a certain first team starter

But he will only be a starter,the same as any other signing,ie;if he performs.Any signing is a gamble,so let's just wait and see how the guy performs.